SC_Medpack (Previously known as SC_GMS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow. I didn't notice that. So... You're going to make only the model? Or the wad?
Also, I noticed you based on the last sprite I made for him. I like it, not knowing how, but I like it.

Last edited:
If you wish to know more, pm me, but try to keep this release thread for this project.

As requested from earlier, GCZ's alternate path is the only path that the emeralds can be collected in now. So, going the path to the front will lead you down the same path (but slightly edited) path as in the releases currently, and the alt. Leads down a path that will have two emeralds. The third keeps it's place as seen in the release.

I was looking at stuff to replace models with, but the only thing (literally) that confuses me, are the botanic serenity things...apparently all of the big flowers use the same four letter base O_o, how can I attach a model to each separate flower?
If they use the same four letter base, but different flowers in different frames, replacing each flower is easy.
You just have all the flowers in one model file, and the "animation" has different flowers for different frames.

If they use the same four letter base, but different flowers in different frames, replacing each flower is easy.
You just have all the flowers in one model file, and the "animation" has different flowers for different frames.

That might work. I'll try it out.
Also, after several attempts on getting the 3d skybox in a 3d environment, I found a way to get it to work perfectly, however I do not want to put that much extreme effort on something people may not even use. So, instead, Splash Hill Zone will be getting the 3d skybox, since it will be easier to make due to it's 2d environment.

srb20002.gif

Also, Glyphic Canyon should almost be finished (I have been working on it ever so slowly, yet still done some stuff over the past couple of days), Sonicfan1,000,000,012 has been helping with some textures for SHZ, which still needs some fixes. Manray has been finished for a while.

The next update will only include the fix ups of GC, SH and MR zones, but the update following that will have the extra zones, along with the updated system of the transitions from one stage to another (ie, removal of the infinite loop, adding more choices to go along with the emerald hunt idea, etc.).

....How the actual f*ck did you record a GIF on OpenGL mode?

Anyway, can't wait for the update, then!

Glyphic Canyon: Hey shadow the hedgehog! Haven't seen you in a while...
No seriously, i was VERY surprised to see a shadow the hedgehog level in SRB2.

I like Glyphic Canyon, but it's literally more of a straight line with left or right path choices. There's really not much diversity other than getting the ability to choose which stage you'll go to first. I know it's not 100%. Just throwing my two cents in there.

I know it's been quite a while and you may have already caught this, but in the event that you haven't:

IyXpCLQ.png

What exactly am I standing on here?

You are standing on a very small insect that is resistant to the green slime. But that entire mechanical area has been changed to a inner cave section.

Might as well also say;
1.) Manray has been extended a bit
2.) Glyphic Canyon just got a much better mach speed part, might show a gif soon
3.) Splash Hill has been improved from it's 2.0 design a bit to not look as lazily done as it did before.

Over all, I can say that the next update is coming soon. (I rarely have time to work on this stuff, so with that said, soon is an achievement for me).

g7gQxBc.png

Any time I add something else, I run into things like this. Glyphic Canyon has plenty of instances of standing on nothing. This one, I actually tried walking on for a bit. Only walking back killed me, and I was able to go along the sides. I don't know how far I can go, since I just stopped after a bit.

@pixie-dust: that was due to a mistake in my forgetting to make the sectors for which have FOFs above them to be death pits. Since I know about this, it should go without saying this was fixed in the update that yet needs to be uploaded.

Played all of the 3 levels and they were fun.

Glyphic Canyon
The level was nice but I was surprised at the homing attack chain and lightdash paths, was this level made a long time ago when there was adventure mode in srb2 or are the paths for custom characters ? I didn't find any way to activate the lightdash but there are the other parts.
The moving platforms feel a bit strange, I always thought that I'm going to fall because I jumped at the wrong time and it's sometimes a bit strange to jump off of them. Thought that I had to do more side quests to get the emeralds, like in shadow but they were on the main path(I guess this level was made more for testing this ?

How do the dashpads in this level work ? They make the character invisible for a second and don't boost you that much, not sure why that happens but I think it would be better if the player got more speed from them.

There are 2 things that I don't like about this level, the textures and the enemies, the textures don't look that good and the enemy selection is strange, a lot of enemies from different stages(but that's probably because srb2's enemies look that different, I wouldn't have noticed anything special if they all looked like eggpawns).

Splash Hill
This level was ok, I'm not sure why you put the grass a bit more in the background than the normal rocks or why sonic can't jump up to the monitor and the other part near the level. The shadow effect is a good idea but for some reason I think that the stage is underwater there. I'm not sure why you used a water "box" at the end of the level, it looks very strange and would probably be better if it was underwater. The textures would look better if some of them were remade.

Manray
This level was great, I liked it the most out of the 3 levels(second is glyphic canyon). There is a little bug in the title card of the level(Manray Zone Zone) and I didn't like how the level ended. Button hunt is ok but the level maybe should be a bit longer so that it's 2-3 minutes without the button hunt. At first I thought that you would go into a factory after activating the first button and that the alarm sound would continue to play. Was a bit surprised that the water pit is instadeath, thought that there would be something down there in the water.

Both Mach Speed parts are ok, I think that the spikeballs should look more like the modern ones and not that small(I think their hitbox is bigger than that ?) and it's possible to skip the exit of the mach speed part(maybe you should make it turn off near the end of the mach speed part is possible), I think that the characters should run a bit faster in mach speed.

Why did you replace the 1up sound with the generations one ?

I liked the levels and I hope that you make the maps longer and create more in the future.

@r2d2 thanks for that review

The homing attack and light dash parts were alternate paths one could take with am addon character, in the next update a character will be supplied. Two out of three emeralds are only found in a single alternate path aside from the main path now to add some difference and some more distinction as to having a choice. Not sure why the player turns invisible for a few seconds, I guess that's how srb2 just works that way, but I will now boost up it's power, now that you mention it (and it's a good idea that I haven't really noticed) the textures in the new update now contain custom textures and have visuals in general improved, and even comes with a pretty cool skybox. The enemy sprites will simply be removed.

Which monitor are you speaking about? The big 'box' of water at the end has been slightly extended so that it's not just a random small water section. Sonic1000000000000 has been working on custom made textures, and they will be included in the next update (other choices of textures will be available as additional content along with the original release).

The button hunt was now removed, and Manray got an extra area at the end. However, I just might have liked the ideas you have mentioned, so I might incorporate that in the update, just got to make it first :p.

Both mach speed parts have been updated to an extreme. Glyphic Canyon now has you running on those canyon mountain thingies going through temples, (spike balls are included, but I might make a custom sprite for it). Manray has a snowy terrain with some death pits, and some minor alt. Paths (nothing too big). Both mach speed parts now end with a 'back to normal' part.

The music is too beautiful for a mere 1 up to stop it :o

thanks, and as stated earlier, they all have been made longer. Though despite the numerous map packs I make, I hardly consider myself as a person who would frequently upload new maps to releases. This was sorta like a 'one time deal'.

At a rounded number, the slowly looming update is at 95%, seeing as to how I haven't had much time to work on it, and when I did, I got carried away making other projects. Soon though...soon.

I'm talking about the first monitor in the stage, that greenhill like part at the beginning. Nice to see that the stages are longer.

I'm talking about the first monitor in the stage, that greenhill like part at the beginning. Nice to see that the stages are longer.

He can, but you must jump on the platform from the side. This has already been changed, some FOFs have been changed to be intangible from below.

So um. Couple updates, that yet need to be uploaded, but:

Glyphic Canyon:

New textures:

A new alt. path, showcasing a temple/ruins type of area:

inside the temple:

New mach speed part:

Also a few minor updates which will be viewed upon yourselves during gameplay. The beginning parts that lead up to 'split roads' section (which has been modified) remains the same, excluding the relocation of the first emerald piece.

Splash Hill

New textures, made by sonicfan1000000000, edited by me in slight manners:

New inner-cave textures (opinions needed):

New skybox:

Afternoon sky and now, Splash Hill zone gets a 3D mach speed section which takes place during noon, and a 3d segment after the mach speed part during both noon, and night:

Manray

Not much changes have been done, except a new skyline, some replaced segments, new mach speed part, and an extra segment at the end which is still under construction:

Again, it's updated, but not yet uploaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back