My level doesn't appear in the level select screen

Marcos

Marcos
I'm making this level and in the MainCfg I made it so that it appears on the level select screen wether you completed the game or not, and as the wiki says it should be like this:

LevelSelect
Default setting: 0
Determines which level select, if any, the level will be listed in. See Custom unlockables and emblems for more information on custom level selects. Level select 1 is used as the level select for completed save slots. If left at 0, the map will not be displayed in any level selects.

Example: LevelSelect = 2

And so my MainCfg is like this

MainCfg

Level B1
Levelname = [I ain't telling yet]
Act = 1
Skynum = 1
Music = BZ1
TypeOfLevel = Solo,Coop,Race,Competition
Unlockable = 0
LevelSelect = 2

Now I suppose the variable 2 means it appears always, since 0 is it never appears and 1 is only after finishing the game.

I mean, it does appear on the level select screen, but only in singleplayer. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong so if someone can explain me what's wrong and help me fix it, please do

Now I suppose the variable 2 means it appears always

That's not what it means, as you can find out by reading the wiki page in the excerpt you quoted yourself: the LevelSelect parameter is used for unlockable level select lists, and should be set to 1 if it's selectable from the vanilla one, 0 if it's not. Your level should be already accessible from the Multiplayer level platter if it doesn't have the Hidden parameter set, if that's what you're looking for.

Thanks a lot. It really helped me. But what I was doing wrong was that the variable Novisitneeded was set to false, which forces you to have to complete the level in Singleplayer before accesing it in Multiplayer

NoVisitNeeded
Default setting: false
If set to true, the level will accessible in Record Attack, NiGHTS Mode, and the multiplayer level select without requiring the player to visit the level beforehand. This can be used to create unlockable levels that are only accessible via Record Attack or NiGHTS Mode, such as Black Hole Zone. It can also be used to add custom levels to the multiplayer level select without needing to add them to the campaign.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back