We're Not Dead Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I read this correctly:

The only character combination would be Sonic & Tails, nothing more.

Unless they decide to implement that, your correct, but I honestly do see the point of having this. Sure, srb2
Should really have bots, but in single player. I never really fully understood why, and remembering back to JTE or srb2cb, the
Bots cause crashes and other weird glitches as
Well. Depends on which side you look at with this.

on the other page, it was stated the reason for this bot at least, was to be more like the classics.
No. The idea behind S&T is that it's mimicking S2 and S3. There are no plans whatsoever to add multiple character combinations.

This is not bots like the previous mods that have them. This ONLY provides a "Sonic & Tails" option at character select for single player, which provides you playing Sonic with Tails following behind you as it worked in the classic Sonic games. He works almost exactly as he did in classic Sonic, flying back to you (completely intangible to everything) when he gets left behind and controllable via the player 2 controls. There aren't other bots, and no, you can't have Tails follow you as Knuckles (otherwise you could just skip every path split Knuckles is forced onto by flying). It doesn't work in multiplayer, either. After all, there you can have an actual PLAYER as Tails instead.

If it helps you understand, don't think of it like us adding bots to the main game. Think of it like us finally fixing the last missing option in the S3K character select.

This is not bots like the previous mods that have them. This ONLY provides a "Sonic & Tails" option at character select for single player, which provides you playing Sonic with Tails following behind you as it worked in the classic Sonic games. He works almost exactly as he did in classic Sonic, flying back to you (completely intangible to everything) when he gets left behind and controllable via the player 2 controls...
If it helps you understand, don't think of it like us adding bots to the main game. Think of it like us finally fixing the last missing option in the S3K character select.
Cool, good to see that this is put into the game play. Does he work in 2d mode?

Does tails actually keep up like in sonic 2, unlike my horrible experience with JTE bots (where they run past you constantly and teleport every 2 seconds rather than making an attempt to keep playing).

Because he can't thok, he gets left behind FAR easier than in the classics, but unlike the old one he flies back when left behind, so you don't constantly see him teleporting back in, and in situations where you're forced to do platforming or other things that slow you down, he's generally better at not getting left in the dust.

But can he keep up if Sonic just runs?

Because if he can't, then that does ruin the whole nostalgic charm.
He can keep up with Sonic's running speed, but keep in mind that there's no rubberbanding as there was in SRB2JTE. You likely won't see Tails at all if you just continuously run, because in the time it takes him to catch up with your speed he'll have gotten behind the camera.

Now once this finally get's out of net code hell, when making levels will we now have to account for sonic on paths we make for tails?

and can be controlled with player 2's controls like in the genesis titles and Sonic Adventure and even Shadow the Hedgehog.

Yeah, having Tails following will break all Tails only sections, because while player 2 is carrying Sonic, Sonic is pretty much an extension of Tails and can go absolutely anywhere he can go. Luckily anywhere Tails can carry him into, he should be able to be carried back out of.

I hope you guys disabled linedef executors for Tails... I can see some levels that might have a OneTime executor that is meant to trigger only once Sonic gets there (think like a door closing, preventing you from going back).

hold on there SSN. I can see levels built like in Mystic Realm where the end level is changed depending on what character you are. for example, you want to send the 3 characters to separate levels once they finish the one they're on.

This will be awesome! But STJR, will THZ slime have some hazard, like Ring Draining?
Or is this a April Fools Joke, but 1 day early?

Are you guys going to add liquids
That you can customize, for example, a buoyant liquid that hurts you. Something like that,
But the wouldn't be much possibilities, unless you guys program some more, that maybe if you come out of the liquid, it slows you down on land for ten seconds or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back