Boss Mayhem: Version 8.1 [sc_BossMayhemV8.1.wad]

Credit where credit's due, those sprites were made by Potatosack, not me. (I have never made anything boss-related for 2.1 in my life, unless you count that flying box from Glacier Gear.)

Whoops, sorry, my bad, was confused because those names are related to food, and Toaster & Potatosack are spriters so, was totally confused there.

Last edited:
After seeing Trail's video on Boss Mayhem which you should definitely watch, I've noticed some glaring bugs that I've tried to fix as well as fixing Metal Sonic's stage and even Cactus Shield Mobile's stage, this update may seem small but it can make quite a difference.

Updated to
Version 7.1

Cactus Shield Mobile's stage now has the Roasted Ravine heat effect. Now the stakes are a little higher, so don't get fried!

Metal Sonic's stage is not on a conveyor belt anymore! Instead it's now the original Metal Redone stage, with a few of the improvements it should've gotten so long ago.

Megaman's stage in Single Player causes the boss bar script to freak out if you die and then reload. This is due to the way the boss bar script made by MonsterIestyn was designed, and because of such. If you die in Megaman's stage in Single Player, you have to sit through the 20 second intro sequence. It's still fine for co-op however.

To add to this, Proto and Samus have been known to cause some glitches with the HUD because of Megaman's stage's 20 second intro sequence disabling the majority of the HUD. This feature has been removed.

You know what would make the Knuckles fights a little bit better? Making him say "Oh No" everytime he gets hit. That really satisfies me.

Fun fact: The chuckles boss fight in hidden Palace originally used the oh no clip as a part of the original in Flip goop station. I automatically decided to remove the clip because well, besides not being a memelord myself, the clip would feel very distracting for the boss fight because people would just "oh no" with knuckles.

It's really distracting when a meme, no matter how public and well known it is gets in the way of the creation itself. Sometimes some of that effort needs to show its true majesty so it isn't just for people to laugh at.

You'll never see someone look at the Megaman boss fight and not think of either Megaman 8-bit Deathmatch, or "Super fighting robot". But you won't see it in the actual boss fight because the character isn't meant to meme. Would you take a boss that spouts "Sans undertale" constantly through the fight seriously? Probably not the first time, but it will eventually get tired and annoying because you've already laughed at it and repeated playthroughs will be less enjoyable.

Last edited:
God help me this was a pain to work on, but I think the two people who helped me out tremendously throughout this update must have some serious condolences and thanks, seriously Prisima and MPC, you two are the best glue that will stick to something this salvageable and I can't be thankful enough for your support.

Updated to:
Version 8

Let's get the bosses out of the way. (Special Thanks to RoddyTV for this visual showcase.)

-ManimiFire has created a new Metal Knuckles Boss.

-Twisted Mobile makes its appearance.

-Enemy Rush, now known as Badnik Citadel is now made by MPC with a better handling of the gauntlet gimmick.

-Metal Sonic Redone now has a few modified attacks in the pinch phase that will give you a surprise!

-Cactus Shield Mobile, now known as Prickle Pod (Thanks Prisima) will be guaranteed to cause less lag thanks to MPC.

-While it may not be much, Robo-Hood is looking a little more flashy for his Super Form.... also known as his "elite" form. He also gets a new theme for his form, thanks to Digiflower5#7938 for the suggestion.

-Pumpkin Head's little ghost's attacks have been modified to be a little less hectic. The boss also doesn't break upon spindashing on top of the boss on spawn.

-Egg Frostburn has a new Ice gimmick, make sure you break out of the Ice in time before Eggman tries to burn you!

Now for the stuff that may not matter...

-New VS Intro for every boss except the extras.

-New Emerald Sense indicator: A new indicator that helps you check the status of being able to get the emerald from a boss.

-New Explosion Particle effect by Prisima that helps reduce lag for low-end PCs.

MAJOR WARNING: It has come to my attention that this mod is heavy, so heavy in fact that custom mods that use custom states of their own may not load properly when combined this mod. Please keep that in mind when adding characters and other modifications with Boss Mayhem.

Oh boy, my first reply... And it's a request.
Please- It may be an unpopular thought here, but I ask that you change the Badnik Citadel's main track- It's grating on the ears, and made me want to stop playing then and there, especially with how long the level can go on for.
Everything else is pretty good as well, although my only other thoughts are:

The final boss attacks way too fast, in my opinion. I would find myself unable to move or attack them, which lead to me eventually having to cheat and use sissy mode to win. Maybe I'm just bad? And for Egg Gauntlet, maybe a checkpoint every two or so bosses.

Last edited:
Good god people REALLY don't like that track huh? Since Monster Psychic Cat is the one that used that song, I'd let him say something about it.

As for Egg Gauntlet and Boss X... Not a thing will be changed for them at all. The original intention of Egg Gauntlet is to survive all 6 Vanilla bosses in one go. Defeating that purpose unfortunately ruins the idea of Egg Gauntlet entirely, Boss X on the other hand... is it's own beast. It was a pain to do it in Mystic Realm, and it's miles easier to beat in Boss Mayhem, mostly because it's easy to hurt him entirely and you gain more rings when you hit him... unless you set hardmode to 2 in which, ouch...

Happy Birthday to me! It's time for an update I was originally gonna release 3 days ago to kick the year off... oops. To cap off my "Birthday Update Spree on the M.B." This mod has been-

Updated to:
Version 8.1

-Badnik Citadel's Ear-destroying music track has been replaced with a much more simple and less ear-destroying theme. Minor bugs in the stage have been fixed as well.

-(Minor and related) Fixed a bug involving Metal Knuckles and the custom intermission screen in Competition Mode.

-Robo-Hood has now gotten a difficulty update! In the stage there are 4 boss waypoints that were never used in the original. I'm assuming the creator didn't find a method to have the boss randomly teleport to any of the waypoints and instead have it follow the player during it's retaliation attack. Now that it's been fixed, try NOT to get hit off of the stage by Robo-Hood Elite's Super Arrows and Super Mace, as you will now get launched off into the pit below. (Usually you were not able to fall into the pit because of the fact that players learned to lure the boss into the pit during the retaliation attack, ending the boss sooner than expected.)

-Mecha Sonic's coding gets a slight facelift. The new Damage system is much MUCH less buggy, and if you're skilled enough you can score two hits at a time during the first phase. (Minor update: If you're the kind of modder that likes to shamelessly insert bosses, you don't have to worry about any random glitches or unintended situations to happen when inserting Mecha Sonic and his Master Emerald Super Form.

Happy Birthday to me! It's time for an update I was originally gonna release 3 days ago to kick the year off... oops. To cap off my "Birthday Update Spree on the M.B." This mod has been-

Updated to:
Version 8.1

-Badnik Citadel's Ear-destroying music track has been replaced with a much more simple and less ear-destroying theme. Minor bugs in the stage have been fixed as well.

-(Minor and related) Fixed a bug involving Metal Knuckles and the custom intermission screen in Competition Mode.

-Robo-Hood has now gotten a difficulty update! In the stage there are 4 boss waypoints that were never used in the original. I'm assuming the creator didn't find a method to have the boss randomly teleport to any of the waypoints and instead have it follow the player during it's retaliation attack. Now that it's been fixed, try NOT to get hit off of the stage by Robo-Hood Elite's Super Arrows and Super Mace, as you will now get launched off into the pit below. (Usually you were not able to fall into the pit because of the fact that players learned to lure the boss into the pit during the retaliation attack, ending the boss sooner than expected.)

-Mecha Sonic's coding gets a slight facelift. The new Damage system is much MUCH less buggy, and if you're skilled enough you can score two hits at a time during the first phase. (Minor update: If you're the kind of modder that likes to shamelessly insert bosses, you don't have to worry about any random glitches or unintended situations to happen when inserting Mecha Sonic and his Master Emerald Super Form.
First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY :D
Now, I actually kinda struggled with Robo-Hood due to how Robo-Hood decides on whenever to take damage or not
seeing that it's been buffed, I'm more anxious to give it a shot, knowing I'll probably get my ass handed to me twice as hard.
Oh well, it isn't fun if it isn't challenging!

MAJOR WARNING: It has come to my attention that this mod is heavy, so heavy in fact that custom mods that use custom states of their own may not load properly when combined this mod. Please keep that in mind when adding characters and other modifications with Boss Mayhem.
This mod is huge. MonitorsPlus is huge, the moment either or are added after one another, they will break automatically. Please consider playing the mods separately.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back