SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #41
khamo
a random fucking dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael44642 View Post
I've heard about Gamebanana but never went to the srb2 section and the first thing that caugh up my attention was a dumb mod called Sex in SRB2.... I... I just.....what? Oh wait, i checked it and now the mod is trashed but seriously , who would want sex in a sonic fan game ?!
Genuinely WHAT?

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

Also it sucks that most unaware SonicTubers USE GB. I wish we could REALLY get the message out you should only use the MB for SRB2 mods.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #42
MK.exe
The one and only!

Back when gamebanana wasnt a central hub for poorly made mods and 'portlegs'

We had to scavenge for wads on 4shared and Mediafire.

Whilst mediafire was ok, 4shared was incredibly infamous. It had lots of maleware but we had to do what we needed to do to get that sweet sweet house25.wad.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #43
Rafael44642

Moderator Notice:
You SERIOUSLY did not need to screencap an entire series of posts to make a single line statement to them.

I know right? It's just unconfortable to see than in gamebanana and it was my first time going to the srb2 section..... in gamebanana. (I'm glad that the MB exists)

Last edited by D00D64; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:04 PM.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #44
sanick#9710

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Oofer View Post
Some idiot named SuperBlur97 promoted his srb2 mod in this https://gamebanana.com/questions/4173
That’s stupid.
And they promoted it on Sonic Mania.
Not even SRB2.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Quote:
I've heard about Gamebanana but never went to the srb2 section and the first thing that caugh up my attention was a dumb mod called Sex in SRB2.... I... I just.....what? Oh wait, i checked it and now the mod is trashed but seriously , who would want sex in a sonic fan game ?!

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Also by the way, thank you SRB2 devs for the strict rules
My Discord: sanick#9710
My Discord Server:https://discord.gg/gVf44jE
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #45
The_Oofer
so i exist

Superblur97 is a sin they should ban him

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00D64 View Post
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #46
Shockey Rai
Elio Lugaru

Honestly, i only go on GameBanana for the Sonic 3 AIR mods & SPEEPSHighway's mods for the Sonic Adventure games.
Guess its a good thing i don't go anywhere the SRB2 section.

Last edited by Shockey Rai; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:02 PM.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #47
Augus

Some good mods are hosted in Gamebanana, like the Playable Zelda overhaul for BOTW and a lot of Smash mods, but the site is such a pain to navigate and it's incredibly cluttered.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #48
Ace Dragon

Having glimpsed that site, I do agree that from a presentation standpoint, this message board is a much better place to download mods.

Those here who are not of generation Z would note Gamebanana's website layout being that of the cluttered early 2000's design (if it was never updated to take advantage of HD monitors and HTML5). I am mainly talking about the technical stuff here, as others already covered issues like stolen content.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #49
Sinny33
or Sinny the Fennec

I put a Mighty Port there called Vexer1's Mighty and it got 2.0k views on it. It had Original Shoes from a Mania Mod and used a base edit Lily Dragon's. It was a terrible Sprite swap and a horrible port. Didn't even bother with the banner.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #50
Twins'R'Awesome
Mid tier pixel artist

Finally! A thread where I can talk trash about Gamebanana! :V

Gamebanana is utter trash when it comes to mod distribution, quality control, and general moderation within the community.

It's UI is clunky and cluttered. The site itself takes up a lot of memory with the tons of intrusive ads not helping on the matter.

It's points system is a joke. Rewarding free games to those who can spam as many mods as possible onto their respective pages without getting banned for doing so. A feature that promotes quantity over quality.

As for its community, I am genuinely shocked at how much bad content exists on the site compared to other mod sites. ModDB is the same concept as Gamebanana, but much better executed in nearly every fashion.

Minor mods aren't a problem, but it sometimes it's so minor that the change is miniscule to the point of being irrelevant. This also ties into the points system (as explained earlier).

If you want good mods, Gamebanana ISN'T the place to go.

Want good DOOM mods?
Go to the Doomworld forums, ZDOOM forums, or the /idgames archive.

Want good Half-life mods?
Runthinkshootlive has you covered.

Want good Sonic mods/rom hacks?
SFGHQ, and SSRG is a good way to go

Mario Stuff?
MFGG, or SMWCentral

Not to mention most of the above is on ModDB.

Had it not been for the Releases system awhile back, we would've ended up the same way as GB. Don't do GB, kids.

Quote:

b r u h
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #51
Ackeneister
A SRB2 Fanatic

Quote:
I have waaaaay too many questions circulating my head rn.
Known as StinkyBinkyDink in netgames
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #52
Jonster
[Insert meme here]

Yeah, gamebanana really sucks. It's a slow, ad-infested mess of a site with mostly terrible content. If youre gonna download srb2 mods, just do it here
(Discord: Jonster The 1st#5263)
(Discord servers: https://discord.gg/frUyfyp | https://discord.gg/dVZS3YG)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #53
Icarus
Warrior from Algol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twins'R'Awesome View Post
Finally! A thread where I can talk trash about Gamebanana! :V

Spoiler:
Gamebanana is utter trash when it comes to mod distribution, quality control, and general moderation within the community.

It's UI is clunky and cluttered. The site itself takes up a lot of memory with the tons of intrusive ads not helping on the matter.

It's points system is a joke. Rewarding free games to those who can spam as many mods as possible onto their respective pages without getting banned for doing so. A feature that promotes quantity over quality.

As for its community, I am genuinely shocked at how much bad content exists on the site compared to other mod sites. ModDB is the same concept as Gamebanana, but much better executed in nearly every fashion.

Minor mods aren't a problem, but it sometimes it's so minor that the change is miniscule to the point of being irrelevant. This also ties into the points system (as explained earlier).

If you want good mods, Gamebanana ISN'T the place to go.

Want good DOOM mods?
Go to the Doomworld forums, ZDOOM forums, or the /idgames archive.

Want good Half-life mods?
Runthinkshootlive has you covered.

Want good Sonic mods/rom hacks?
SFGHQ, and SSRG is a good way to go

Mario Stuff?
MFGG, or SMWCentral

Not to mention most of the above is on ModDB.

Had it not been for the Releases system awhile back, we would've ended up the same way as GB. Don't do GB, kids.
Thanks for the sites, I usually go on ModDB too.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #54
ClassicNC
welp

Quote:
You'd be surprised...
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #55
InferNOr
HUNGER CHOKE HOLDINGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicNC View Post
You'd be surprised...
what is that supposed to mean

hi
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #56
davisudo2000

Moderator Notice:
You didn't need to quote the entirety of a huge post either.

Well but what about smash Bros mods? (you didnt say any website that has good smash mods through)

Last edited by D00D64; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:06 PM.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #57
SilverVortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisudo2000 View Post
Well but what about smash Bros mods? (you didnt say any website that has good smash mods through)
you can find them yourself, but the point is, don't look for them on gamebanana.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #58
SnocBoi
The Snoc

Quote:
You what?!?
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #59
SIG7
SIG7Pro

Quote:
idk, maybe 9 year old me would say yes, but now i would say hmmm

the original mods for SRB2 GB aren't too much, which is dissapointing for me bc there aint much SRB2 Lua/Character Mods here I'm intrested in and [*snip*]

Moderator Notice:
can you not talk about that
i need memebers to keep these alive https://discord.gg/uwZRkas https://discord.gg/enAhkBp

Last edited by D00D64; 1 Week Ago at 09:41 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago   #60
MADVAL2

Gamebanana = Rotten banana
Closed Thread