• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

You know its bad, yet you do it. And when confronted to improve, you talk yourself down again in a way that directs attention to yourself. If that's your attitude and repetitive cycle, I could hardly care less anymore.

It's not like those are the final sprites either, I can improve the shading once I practice it and know how.

Last edited:
Again, it's only a stick figure and your not bettering your abilities by making it.

Well, sorry to make it worse, but Duon doesn't have that much on him that makes him an actual character, I mean, I can't think of Duon any other way, and even then, I've improved on SOMETHING... even thought it's nothing... I'll finish Duon and maybe work on something else after.

Well, sorry to make it worse, but Duon doesn't have that much on him that makes him, i mean, I can't think of Duon any other way, and even then, I've improved on SOMETHING... even thought it's nothing... I'll finish Duon and maybe work on something else after.

But making a stickman is just lazy. There's plenty of characters from media/other video games, so you really have no excuse for just making stickmen all the time.

9474UQ2.png

3m69TEY.png

I hate how the side sprite turned out, but hey! Angles! A thing I don't do as much as I should!

Ok. I'm stepping in and ending this bullshit now.

Duon's sprite is shit. That point has been made.

Also, "Well I can do better" is absolute bullshit and nonconstructive. If you can do better, put your money where your mouth is and do better. Constructive criticism is one thing. Being arrogant and boastful makes you an asshole. Don't do it.

I think there's been a consistent pattern with the problem children of this topic, so I'm hoping this next resolves it.

From this point forward, I expect to see more than a single insignificant sample of something in the works. Infractions will be issued for single-sprite bullshit. You are now required to show that ample progress has been made in whatever project you have been working on in order to display it here.

This entire thing has been handled immaturely from a lot of parties, but I'm absolutely going to say that there are a few of you here who have been issues in this topic and I'm going to be keeping a much closer eye here, so I want you all to start thinking about what you write before hitting that submit button. I'm tired of the bullshit.

EDIT: to clarify, single screenshots are fine for proof-of-concepts for levels. Characters need more work than a single sprite or even single frame to be displayed here.

Last edited:
KOTENEW.png

Been working on KO.T.E some more recently, trying to force myself to get the angled walking sprites done, those things are what nightmares are made of if they were made out of anything. Also has a WIP of another special thing I am working on, as a lua action...

Been working on KO.T.E some more recently, trying to force myself to get the angled walking sprites done, those things are what nightmares are made of if they were made out of anything. Also has a WIP of another special thing I am working on, as a lua action...

That looks really nice!
Ooh 'special thing; lua action' sounds cool!

Is the "Hey Inazuma!" sprite the idle animation?

Nope, his idle animation is his Russian kick-dance, that sprite is the special lua action, but not sure how far I'll get with it since it needs Inazuma to be finished to work.

Nope, his idle animation is his Russian kick-dance, that sprite is the special lua action, but not sure how far I'll get with it since it needs Inazuma to be finished to work.

I think I can predict what you're doing. I KNOW what you're doing, and I like it. >:)

All I think of when I hear the words Russian kick-dance, I think of Rayman doing the exact same thing to exit a level from Rayman 2: The Great Escape.

I'm adding another rule and posting here so nobody misses it.

No more quoting images. If you have to, put the images in spoiler tags. It clutters the forums and makes reading a pain in the ass.

The OP has been updated with these rules. Follow them. Infractions will follow otherwise.

e95yNq6.png

srb20216.gif

I haven't finished all of its rotations, but here have some tiny cute birdies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back