• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Zanda's Editing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was working on an improved JAM hud, now I see that the reason the Jam hud looks kinda of detail depraved is because of the srb2 pallet not having enough yellows or something. I was also working on a Sonic Advance styled hud before that... but I give up until they give us the ability to move HUD items / elements. The Jam hud would also have modded character compatibility.
This thread is just for small edits, probably, since I don't know how to actually code.

I know that I can edit the SCORE and TIME to use a transparent image, but being able to freely move HUD items, or even hide that pesky hudname sounds like what needs to be done.

AAAaaaalso, I'm trying to pull of a big brain move and circumvent the srb2palette, by just making an edit of
another palette to use the colors in the Jam Hud so it looks somewhat good.

Credits to DanielMania123 for ripping the sprites from Sonic Jam, and credits to DeviantArt for existing.
Credits to Storice for ripping the sprites from Sonic Advance, and thanks to The Spriter's Resource for existing.

Attachments

• Sonic.png
    Sonic.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 110
  • srb20149.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 136
  • Jam Template Alt.png
    Jam Template Alt.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Jam Template.png
    Jam Template.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
PICTURES OF JAM HUD ITEMS

I basically just changed the colors and added a light blue to make it look less uh... assymetrical? I dunno but this looks MILES PER HOUR better.
I don't mind handing these projects to someone else, if they think they can finish these. I mean I don't think it's possible to make these HUDs work without being able to move where the ring number starts, the time number starts, etc. Or being able to hide the hudname.

Zanda has given explicit permission for others to edit this mod n stuff, since it's just a graphical thing.
Back on topic... here's the pictures.
[Jam Template A and Jam Template Alt A basically just have a bigger uh... that shading thing... I made it thicker because I was worried it'd be unnoticeable when not zoomed in... I mean, small details DO count, but I was wondering if bigger outlines would look better.]
[EDIT: I think I like the A versions more.]

Attachments

• Jam Template A.png
    Jam Template A.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Jam Template Alt A.png
    Jam Template Alt A.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 96
  • STTRRINGS A.png
    STTRRINGS A.png
    544 bytes · Views: 85
  • STTRINGS A.png
    STTRINGS A.png
    891 bytes · Views: 87
  • STTTIME A.png
    STTTIME A.png
    744 bytes · Views: 91
  • STTSCORE A.png
    STTSCORE A.png
    910 bytes · Views: 90
Last edited:
[...] I give up until they give us the ability to move HUD items / elements. [...]
That's already possible. See the "HUD item modification" section of the "Head-up display" page on the SRB2 Wiki for how.

[...] being able to [...] hide that pesky hudname sounds like what needs to be done. [...]
Unfortunately, you can't do that. An alternative is to use Lua to disable the entirety of the life counter (hud.disable("lives")), and then add a new HUD item for you to draw your own life counter yourself in the way that you want, but that's a tad advanced if you're new to Lua HUD stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back