SRB2 Christmas Demo graphics in other Doom mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
I was just looking at som Doom 2 videos on You tube when I cam acrost this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oCOQHtQvZo

This is a video showing a level for a christmas doom 2 mod and durring the video I saw graphics I imedatly Reconised from both the Christmas Demo of SRB2 and Current Srb2 Christmas mode. I'm not sure if this person was allowed to use these for something other than SRB2.

If you want to dig in to the mod itself the videos of it contain links to it.

Edit: The more I look at the videos and the discriptions and the releases of SRB2 I'm starting to question where these shared grapics came from.

That snowman can't be from SRB2...I've never seen it anywhere in the game, not even in srb2.srb. And, uhh...who really cares if they use our graphics? It's not like we can sue the maker for using them, as Sonic Team Jr. would be sued for using Sega's character for commercial purposes...(anything that has to do with money)

I really want to start laughing right now. It's hysterical how... how low quality doom maps are.

Are you sure it isn't the inverse, that SRB2 didn't take those images from there? I shouldn't be surprised of that. From when is that mod?

GCFreak said:
That snowman can't be from SRB2...I've never seen it anywhere in the game, not even in srb2.srb. And, uhh...who really cares if they use our graphics? It's not like we can sue the maker for using them, as Sonic Team Jr. would be sued for using Sega's character for commercial purposes...(anything that has to do with money)
I've seen those graphics. They're from the christmas demo. Also, it's newer than the christmas demo. It said the simpsons movie, and the christmas demo, which the snowman is from was out years before that.

View the other videos of the mod. he says this is around 12 years old.

Also the thing with the simpsons movie. Well he was updating it for rerelease this year.

Oh and In my first post I said I was starting to wonder where they came from meaning I'm starting to doubt that they orignated from SRB2 Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back