Suggestions

1.Make Linedef Type 700(700-704) for replace Rotation moviment to PolyObject to who don´t know how to make a PolyObject.

2.Make Linedef Type 705 to make the especified Sector move to WayPoints replacing PolyObject (too for who don´t know how to make a PolyObject).
You can't just make regular sectors move. If you could, PolyObjects didn't need to exist. And if you can't figure out PolyObject creation, then you are obviously not experienced enough with level design. They're not hard to make, just limited in what they can do.

But the swinging was what we were talking about all the time.
Actually, judging by the conversation, I was lead to believe we were also talking about the problem with polyobjects moving out of their sector and the Chain's anchor FOF
I believe it was these two posts that started the confusion.
PolyObjects can't go out of the sector they spawn in, so that would be practically useless.
Easily fixable. just use a polyobject instead of a FOF for what the chain hooks onto.{edit:Referring to the Anchor, not the swing}

My post some how had you thinking I was referring to the Swing part and not the anchor.

Last edited:
What about where when you do not have a certain file that cannot be downloaded, the game notifies you in-game rather than exiting the player out of the game.

Wait, what does the Anchor FOF even have to do with it? I'm confused...

The target sector where the Anchor FOF is made is also the same sector where the thing for the new polyobject chain combo would spawn. You do remember how to Make an FOF right? now if that sector prevents the Swinging polyobject from working right, due to it moving outside the sector, then the suitable solution is to use a stationary polyobject in the FOF's place. This allows for a bigger target sector for the polyobjects.

Now if moving outside a sector is not a problem for polyobjects (And I've just tested this and they can go out of their spawned sector) then the Anchor FOF does not need to be replaced.

You actually thought a step beyond what I meant. That's right, if they couldn't move out of their spawning sector, they couldn't move at all, due to the anchor FOF. I didn't think about this. But yeah, they actually can move out of the sector they spawned in, but they can glitch horribly if you do that.

This has likely been suggested before, but it would be nice if the end of GFZ 1-3, THZ 1 and 2, DSZ 2 and 3, and CEZ2(fbobbing FOF exit) had a visible "path" to the next map, rather that appearing to be a dead end. A invisible wall can be placed at some of them to prevent you from seeing too much. This should also apply for the start of each map; just a corridor or the like with a invisible wall would do.

-- respawnitem on by default for Cooperative games. Currently, if a player grabs rings and dies, those just totally go to waste and the rest of the players are screwed. This is especially applicable to ERZ, where rings are sparse in some tricky sections. Besides, items come back when you die in SP, so why not respawn in Coop?

-- Turn off the "perfect" bonus in Cooperative games. Without respawning items, nobody will get it assuming at least one other player grabs a ring, and with respawning items, it'd be possible to illegitimately gain the bonus.

-- Turn off the "perfect" bonus in Cooperative games. Without respawning items, nobody will get it assuming at least one other player grabs a ring, and with respawning items, it'd be possible to illegitimately gain the bonus.

You realize Perfect counts everyone's rings, right? If everyone altogether collects every single ring, everyone gets the bonus. It doesn't have to be all one person.

Also, yuk, respawning items in Co-op.

How about a chat font which is easier to read? I don't want to have to open my console just to do that.

Bomb rocket jumping.
Point at the ground, fire, and then get sent flying into the air, or propelled forward. Point at a wall, fire, get sent back. etc.

Bomb rocket jumping.
Point at the ground, fire, and then get sent flying into the air, or propelled forward. Point at a wall, fire, get sent back. etc.

This exists in the code already. It's commented out.

Why?

Well, isn't Explosion already ungodly overpowered as is?

犬夜叉;674593 said:
This exists in the code already. It's commented out.

Why?

Well, isn't Explosion already ungodly overpowered as is?
You still have to be a reasonably decent aim to use Explosion. It's overpowered, but not ungodly so.

Horrible logic here. If you don't have decent aim, you can't use anything bar bounce and grenade. And it's not like it's too hard to aim, anyways.

Not quite. The degree to which you must have a decent aim is somewhat different for each weapon. For Normal, obviously, you need the most skill. Rail is easier to aim because you don't need to factor in the movement of a distant player. Automatic is also easier, because it has a slight spam factor. The spread of a Scatter Ring shot means that you don't have to be bang on target to hit...same with Explosion, but again, some level of skill is required. And as you previously stated, Bounce and Grenade don't really require a lot of aiming skill.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back