SOCs Gone? Tails Unlimited Flight file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A LONG, LONG, Time ago...

There was a SOC Edited file that changed Tails Flight time to infinite or very long. Was wonder, Where I can find it, or how to create it myself. I haven't been on SRB2 since...the early version...I mean really early version...

Thanks for any advice, help, links, or the file itself...

That SOC would need to be remade as SOC's are handled a bit differently now.

Dang, that does sound hard. I don't want to make a new thread about other things now. I know that all the commands are not fully up to date. However, Whats up with the Multiplayer cheats commands? Some commands are completely disabled in multiplayer? No way to enable them? I would have thought I could find flight time in there...

That soc can easily be remade. In fact, you don't even need a soc. You can just make a blank wad file and put the flight time in the MAINCFG. Also, anything like that is not allowed on the forums. Sorry for back seat moderating but it's a pretty self explained rule...

That soc can easily be remade. In fact, you don't even need a soc. You can just make a blank wad file and put the flight time in the MAINCFG. Also, anything like that is not allowed on the forums. Sorry for back seat moderating but it's a pretty self explained rule...

Wait what is not allowed? What do I need to make it unlimited?

That SOC would need to be remade as SOC's are handled a bit differently now.
No, it wouldn't. That part didn't change.

That soc can easily be remade. In fact, you don't even need a soc. You can just make a blank wad file and put the flight time in the MAINCFG.
That IS a SOC.

Wait what is not allowed?
You're not allowed to release that kind of file on the SRB2MB. But of course you're allowed to ask how it's made.

Here's what you have to put in your WAD's MAINCFG lump:

Code:
MainCfg
TailsFlyTics = 9999999*TICRATE
That's technically not infinite, but it allows you to fly for 115 days, so...

115 days? I can't stay up for 15 days, much less not get bored of flying. But yeah, the reason "Timer SOC's" aren't allowed is because they are simple and don't add anything to the game. (I know this is backseat modding, I just want to tell him why.) You could, however, make a level pack and adjust the flight time you can fly. (Not so you fly forever, though. That would make it boring.)
And now I wonder, What is the default TailsFlyTics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back