Unlockable Trigger Linedefs (317 and 318)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ors

Custom User Title
How do they work? I'd need them really much in my upcoming wad "Antiland 2" to make a saving system. How can I use them?
At least they sound quite useful.

Can someone explain how do the FOF set up work in 441 and 317 work? That would help a lot.

Put the trigger number in the front texture X offsets. For example, let's say you have an unlockable like this in your MAINCFG:

Code:
Unlockable 1
Name = Custom Unlockable
Objective = Jump on RedXVI's roof three times!
Type = Pandora
Height = 20
ConditionSet = 1

ConditionSet 1
Condition1 = Trigger 1

"Trigger 1" means that the unlockable will be unlocked when a linedef with type 441 and 1 in its front texture X offsets is executed. Likewise, you can use linedef types 317 and 318 to check if the trigger has been activated.

Type 441 works well for me but I have a question. Type 317 works only on the same playing time as I activate 441. Is it possible to DO make it look for the Unlockables instead of look for the activated linedef 441?

Linedefs 317 and 318 don't check for unlockables, they check for "triggers", which are a 32-bit bitstring that's stored and remembered between maps in Single Player mode. Think of it how the game remembers which Chaos Emeralds you have, except these bits can mean anything you want them to mean. They don't have to be used with unlockables either, you can just set them with linedef 441 and then check for them in later maps with 317 or 318 to say, unlock something in ERZ2 if you've jumped on the house in GFZ1, for instance.

I would like to know is there anything wrong:
Code:
MainCFG Category
gamedata = Anti2.dat

CLEAR ALL

Unlockable 1
Name = Area select
Height = 20
ConditionSet = 1

ConditionSet 1
Condition1 = Trigger 1

Level 1
Levelname = ANTILAND
Act = 0
TypeOfLevel = Singleplayer, custom
LevelSelect = 1
RecordAttack = true
NextLevel = 1101
SkyNum = 21
MusicSlot = -1
weather = 0
NoZone = true
LevelFlags = 24
ForceCharacter = Sonic
SubTitle = Welcome to nowhere
317 doesn't work if I shut down the game or go to the title. Is there any way to fix that?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. What exactly are you trying to do with linedef type 317?

I'm trying to make the game remember if the player has been in some place. I go to the place that has linedef 441 and that works. I go to the room with linedef type 317: It works only if I haven't reloaded the map.

It works only if I haven't reloaded the map.
That's how it works. Triggers aren't saved anywhere and are gone as soon as you stop playing. If you need something to stick, make it an unlockable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back