SRB2 Version 2.2.7 Patch Release

LoganA

Administrator
Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
Posted by SeventhSentinel on 09-30-2020 11:02 PM.

Hello everybody! We’ve got another new update for you!

Since we had so much help from public testing, we were able to fix a lot of bugs. Thank you so much! We’ve also added some cool new features, such as:

• Built-in skincolors may now be changed.
  • Added the netticbuffer cvar. This stores some inputs in a buffer in case the network is slow, exchanging netcode induced lag for input delay.
  • (OpenGL) Model Lighting now works when shaders are enabled.
  • Added a menu option to show joiner’s IP addresses.
  • New Master Server technology, bringing more uptime and smoother menus.
  • Optimized loading of PNG graphics, greatly reducing the load time of levels that happen to use PNGs.
  • Players can no longer change their name more than five times per minute.
  • Added a new Black Eggman sprite render by SuperPhanto.
  • 3D models made by Jeck Jims are now included with the game.
You can read the full changelog here.

Windows users: we have also changed from the stinky old 7-zip self extracting archive to a shiny new professional installer that supports four languages. Patching the game from here on out should be faster and easier. We are also including full installers for every single update moving forward. (We will still provide zip archives for those that need/prefer them.) We hope these changes benefit new players and our non-English communities. We would like to extend our thanks for ACStriker and yfyfyfyfyfy for the Spanish and Russian translations of the installers, respectively.

That’s it! What are you waiting for? Head to the Downloads page already!

View on SRB2.org

Well this is pretty awesome. Too bad the original intro got replaced...
R.I.P old intro... you defined an era.

So the patch deleted my 3d objects where i keep all my games and srb2. everything is gone. any reason why that might happen?

So the patch deleted my 3d objects where i keep all my games and srb2. everything is gone. any reason why that might happen?
SRB2 now includes the Jeck Jims models by default. It may have overwritten the older models.

I have a few things to say.

1. OMG STJr ACTUALLY ADDED THE KART NETCODE
  2. The installer uses the stinky old folder selection dialog where there's no quickbar like basically all other installers do. You're forced to unroll the folders, from the user folder all the way to the directory you want, which is a thing I never do in Explorer. It's tiring.
  3. R.I.P Pure Fat Intro 2014-2020
  4. R.I.P 2.2 Leaks Pure Fat Intro 2019-2020
  5. R.I.P Bab- i mean Adult Sonic Splash 2019-2020

Last edited:
It didn’t delete
just the models folder. The entire 3D objects folder and every game or file in it is gone. Not just srb2 stuff either

Also, it seems like OpenGL's draw distance errors are mostly fixed.

Extra-large stages no longer bug out in OGL, in other words.

The official implementation of Jeck's models is such a welcome addition. Theyve become an integral part of the game for me, so I'm happy to see that newcomers can easily access them!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back