SRB2 Version 2.2.5 Patch Release

There is no in-game explanation of what Marathon Mode is. Except if you wanted to not add one, you could make one for 2.2.7.

There is no in-game explanation of what Time Attack or NiGHTS Mode are either, save for their names. Currently this and the wiki are explanation enough, but it might change in future updates.

There is no in-game explanation of what Time Attack or NiGHTS Mode are either, save for their names. Currently this and the wiki are explanation enough, but it might change in future updates.
I'm assuming most people here knows what Nights into Dreams is.

But a quick explanation about Score attack would've been nice.

You'd be assuming incorrectly! As much as NiGHTS was such a distinctive SEGA property, it's been barely utilised anywhere except a SEGA console that didn't have any new Sonic games on it to keep up momentum, a Wii title, and a pre-order bonus for Nintendo's worst selling mainline console in living memory.

SRB2 has way more reach, and I know it's how I learned about the title.

You'd be assuming incorrectly! As much as NiGHTS was such a distinctive SEGA property, it's been barely utilised anywhere except a SEGA console that didn't have any new Sonic games on it to keep up momentum, a Wii title, and a pre-order bonus for Nintendo's worst selling mainline console in living memory.

SRB2's Special Stages are the closest I've ever come to playing NiGHTs. lol. I had to learn how they worked through trial and error. But that's how Special Stages have always been. I don't think a description is really necessary. People are smart. We can figure it out.

I think I misunderstood what they meant by swimming "controlling differently." <...> I think they meant that it feels different. The difference between Knuckles swimming and Knuckles gliding is similar to the difference between Tails swimming versus him flying. It just makes it feel more like he's underwater. That's good for immersion, but it's just different than what I was expecting.
Swimming is actually the same as Simple play style gliding. Press a direction and it straight up goes there, regardless of what play style you're using.

Last edited:

what pre-order bonus?

You'd be assuming incorrectly! As much as NiGHTS was such a distinctive SEGA property, it's been barely utilized anywhere except a SEGA console that didn't have any new Sonic games on it to keep up momentum, a Wii title, and a pre-order bonus for Nintendo's worst selling mainline console in living memory.
I thought that any proper Sega fans are at least aware of NiD...

I think that Sega are not using their IP enough... NiD deserves a port on the Switch (from the PC/PS2 version) and giving Journey into Dreams a proper remake.

I thought that any proper Sega fans are at least aware of NiD...

I think that Sega are not using their IP enough... NiD deserves a port on the Switch (from the PC/PS2 version) and giving Journey into Dreams a proper remake.

The Dreamcast came so soon after the Saturn, I skipped the Saturn entirely. I was made aware of it in Sonic Adventure, with its references, but never touched the NiGHTS game.

Excellent update, between this and 2.6. The game runs a ton smoother, even with 3D models and shaders enabled. Previously, the game was hovering between 15 and 25 for me on average, but now I'm mostly getting between 30 and 35. Some levels, like Castle Eggman and Dusty Desert would enter single digit FPS, but now I'm seldom below 25. The NiGHTS stages also gave me trouble but are performing basically at a smooth 35 frames throughout.

The shaders look great, by the way. Many levels have taken on a whole new look, I really like it. I'm really happy that I'm comfortably able to play the game with models now, it's a huge boost to the game's QOL and has me ecstatic for more updates.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back