General inquiry to all Wiki visitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just people getting angry at not being able to see the ME wiki.
Seriously now, don't try to disguise it as an actual concern about making maps ME compatible, since there's even a converter, I believe, made by AJ.

There is NOT a character converter. There IS a level converter. I don't understand where that misinformation came from.

When ME comes out, in order to get your old map to work in ME, you run it through lvlconv and it renames all the textures and switches all the objects to the new system. Obviously because a few things no longer exist, you should still go over your old map to fix how ME does a few things differently (For instance, Silver Rings are converted to Super Ring by the converter)

Yes. The only things that are not properly updated are custom objects, SOCs, and any other things you put in that aren't in 1.09.4's basic config. If your level doesn't use external resources, it will convert correctly with no modification afterwards needed.

With the exception of shields, most likely. Or are Fire/Water Shields both changed to elemental?

It swaps the shields around. Liquid Shield becomes the Elemental Shield, and the Inferno Shield becomes the Force Shield.

Like a topic explaining SRB2 version numbers, someone could post a sticky topic explaining about level converter. I've seen people keep asking and speculating if their maps will be lost or become incompatible.

Have some of the free slots been filled and will Badnik soc's from 1.09.4 work in ME if all that has to be done is the renumbering of the thing state and frames?

So By that you mean it nolonger use variables like this?
Code:
FRAME 1352
SPRITENUMBER = 191
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 3
DURATION = 5
NEXT = 1353
ACTION A_Look
VAR1 = 0
VAR2 = 0
And
Code:
Thing 370
MAPTHINGNUM = 24
SPAWNSTATE = 2000
SPAWNHEALTH = 1000
SEESTATE = 0
SEESOUND = 0
REACTIONTIME = 8
ATTACKSOUND = 0
PAINSTATE = 0
PAINCHANCE = 0
PAINSOUND = 0
MELEESTATE = 0
MISSILESTATE = 0
DEATHSTATE = 314
DEATHSOUND = 0
XDEATHSTATE = 0
SPEED = 0
RADIUS = 524288
HEIGHT = 572864
MASS = 100
DAMAGE = 0
ACTIVESOUND = 0
RAISESTATE = 0
FLAGS = 4194817[quote]
(Taken from the Drilla's Soc)[/quote]

Basically, I want to know how the New ME Socs will work and if they use simaler variables.

The variables are mostly the same. The issue is that the list of states is completely different, so you're going to have to go through and find the new number for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back