General inquiry to all Wiki visitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Earlier this week, I noticed that the 1.09.4 Wiki has been running very slowly. The ME database, on the other hand, is having no issues at all. I'm very curious as to just how long this has been going on. Who here that has used the Wiki in the past few weeks has noticed it? When did you notice it started? I'm just concerned that this will be an issue when the ME database is applied.

Hidden, obviously, from public view. We're working on it behind the scenes so we can provide you guys with the proper editing resources right at release.

Chisuun said:
Spazzo said:
Hidden, obviously, from public view.

Then what was the point of making a public topic about it?

If you're talking about the sticky, then it's to let people know why the database was locked.

If you're talking about this topic, it's to say "It's not an issue with the Wiki software, because one database is working fine and the other is not."

I wouldn't make a topic about the Dev Wiki just to screw around with people. The mentions of the Dev Wiki in the two topics are for other, legitimate, purposes.

By the way, why can't we see the SRB2ME Wiki now, or at least the editing parts of it? So we can start working on converting maps, etc.

Kaysakado, because we aren't going to reveal everything or anything about ME until ME is out. You'll get the new wiki the day of release, and not a day earlier.

Kaysakado said:
By the way, why can't we see the SRB2ME Wiki now, or at least the editing parts of it? So we can start working on converting maps, etc.

Wouldn't work, you'd need the configs anyways, which aren't getting out until ME.

Also because it isn't close to ready.

Rob said:
Kaysakado said:

Wouldn't work, you'd need the configs anyways, which aren't getting out until ME.

You don't need configs to work on maps. They just make it easier.

Kaysakado said:
Rob said:
Kaysakado said:

You don't need configs to work on maps. They just make it easier.

Believe me, you do need them.

Yeah, some of the changes to ME make it very difficult to edit some stuff without the config. We're really pushing the WAD format in a few places, so if you want to do some stuff without a config, you'd be doing quite a lot of math.

Very similar, only it applies to more things than just bitsets at this point. For an example, you'd have to do lots of mathematics to set sector types in SRB2ME because of the new setup.

The reason why the config creator does the math is so you don't have to. I'd rather be able set my bitsets without having to open up calc every time. More time designing the level, less time doing the math that someone else has already done.

More to the point, it takes out an extra step.

As someone who made Mystic Realm 4 in WadAuthor, I assure you it's really nice not having to calculate bitsets for every object with a height. Now there's just even more things that you'd have to do math for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back