New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6216991.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

While the trailer doesn't really show off a whole lot, it is pretty clear that it is obviously a throwback to the classics. However, I'm hoping that this is not another "hold right" fest like the Rush games, and it actually contains a little bit of platforming.

Moderator Notice:
Guys, I know that drama and Sonic the Hedgehog preview topics go hand-in-hand, but this is really getting ridiculous.

Things this topic is for:

• Talking about new information, either leaked or released by SEGA.
  • Speculating about what this game will include.
  • Discussing what little information we actually have about the gameplay of this game.

Things this topic is NOT for:

• Bitching about green eyes, dash pads, or other problems you perceive in the game. Go ahead and discuss faults, but this is not a podium for you to rant on.
  • Going "I'm not going to buy the game." We don't need 5 pages of people saying meaningless things. If you have something with CONTENT to say, go ahead and post, but pointless posts will be considered spam.
  • "Boycotts". If you haven't seen this already, Sonic fans are retarded: http://www.destructoid.com/whining-s...s-164963.phtml - If you don't like the final product when it comes out, DON'T BUY IT!
  • Forum drama. Get it the hell out.
I understand if you don't like it, but that doesn't give you the excuse to act like a whiny 6 year old. Keep this thread civil and intelligent or you will be infracted.

Last edited by a moderator:
From another forum:
PDF said:
Promising is probably the best it's going to get at this point. It's far too early to tell.
Just because a Sonic game is going to go 2D doesn't mean it's going to be an instant classic. While the older games were brilliant, because of all the exploration you could do and its moderate difficulty, I was very bored with the Advance series because there was very little challenge to it.
I haven't played any of the Rush games to give you an opinion there, however.

We shall see.

Finally, something I've been waiting for a loong time to happen. Hopefully, they won't mess this one up, but again, we have to see.

Sonic going back to 2-D is nothing spectacular, I'd prefer they'd actually try and work with what they have and make a good 3-D game. I'll keep my eye on this game anyways.

Wow.... This is freaking incredible. Something guaranteed to be awesome? About time!

Hmm..... All of this happening on 9-9-09.... 9, Beatles:Rock Band, Sonic and Knuckles, and now this trailer for a Sonic godsend?

Funny coincidence. Only thing that doesn't come out today is R. Kuta's Sonic movie trailer. Still, this weekend sounds good for it.

This is bad, Too much hype is the downfall of any game. (Like Sonic Unleashed Day stages.)

"More Speed", hmm? Aren't the Sonic games fast enough already?

I hope it's not a tribute to the original game. Had Sonic Team the talent of the, well, Genesis days, I'd be pumped. But nowadays, I fear they're going to half-ass this new game and taint a classic in the process.

Well i admit it is interesting, but untill i find out some infomation about it i aint holding my breath.
And this is just early guessing from me but the trailer had sonic doind the speed bost move (although we dont actually see him) so i think it might be simmiler to the rush series (if dimps makes this then we know its gonna be like rush)

Wow.... This is freaking incredible. Something guaranteed to be awesome? About time!

What makes you think 2D Sonic game will instantly be cool? Hell, Sonic Rush was only an 8/10-like game and Sonic Rush Adventure was horrible.

I don't have much to say now, but, if it's on the DS, I may get it.

Last edited:
Speed returns in an all new 2D adventure built from the ground up
Apparently, not much will be changed. I say this because Similar things were said about advance 3 and rush.

Hopefully (probably not) this will be a DECENT Sonic game that isn't made of epic failure (STH360 O_o) like the games now. I swear, if they come up with something like the Werehog (lol) or a new character that makes no sense I'm going to shoot myself.

I'm not flocking for this until I see some momentum-based physics or pinball mechanics. What I've read has made absolutely no mention of it, and just speed alone will not recreate the old Sonic games.

Hmm..... All of this happening on 9-9-09.... 9, Beatles:Rock Band, Sonic and Knuckles, and now this trailer for a Sonic godsend?

Funny coincidence. Only thing that doesn't come out today is R. Kuta's Sonic movie trailer. Still, this weekend sounds good for it.

Don't get your hopes up yet, wait until we see some real gameplay and mechanics, then we can decide whether It's going to be epic or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back