OpenGL and Fullscreen Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

BishyT

Ok, so i'm using the OpenGL version of SRB2 (using the included SRB2 - OpenGL.bat file), because it's the only way to use md2 models. I also want to play the game in fullscreen at a small resolution (specifically 320x240) to make it look and feel more like an old Playstation game. However, when I run OpenGL mode in Fullscreen, it completely ignores whatever resolution I try to select. When I try selecting 320x240 from the list, it then acts as though i've selected 1080x1920 (even going as far as to say "now previewing 1080x1920"). It constantly forces my native resolution.

Any idea what's causing this and how I could work around it?

Make a new text file in the folder where you installed SRB2 and copy this into it:
@echo off
srb2dd.exe -opengl -width 320 -height 240
Save and rename the text file to whatever you want, but make sure it ends with .bat instead of .txt. Now double click the bat file and it should run perfectly.

Last edited:
Make a new text file in the folder where you installed SRB2 and copy this into it:
@echo off
srb2dd.exe -opengl -width 320 -height 240
Save and rename the text file to whatever you want, but make sure it ends with .bat instead of .txt. Now double click the bat file and it should run perfectly.

Unfortunately it doesn't work perfectly. For some reason srb2dd.exe doesn't support any resolution below 640x480, so it ends up ignoring whatever width and height I put into there.

So yeah, srb2win ignores any resolution that isn't my native resolution, and srb2dd ignores any resolution below 640x480. :/

That's really odd... Your GPU might not like the resolution, but I really don't know... I wonder if the devs can stick their nose into this because I have no idea what's going on. Normally a .bat file would work, but it doesn't seem to in this case.

Have you tried running it in other compability modes? Such as Windows XP or anything else?

Have you tried running it in other compability modes? Such as Windows XP or anything else?

I just tried XP compatibility mode, and it didn't change anything.

When I use the console command to list the available resolutions, a message appears stating that the OpenGL version only supports the native screen resolution. Still no idea why srb2dd doesn't go below 640x480 though (it literally does not list any resolution smaller than that on the options screen, unlike srb2win).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back