The SRB2FFH: A place to upload all your content!

Status
Not open for further replies.
uh oh

I accidentally reported a file too.... The download link and the report file link are right next to each other, and are exactly the same font and color. Perhaps make the report file button at the bottom of the page?

this websites great but

yea dont get me wrong about your website but after i hosted a character and was going to host another (well in the download limit) and got the message failed to upload wad file????

Due to a massive amount of abuse I've been getting recently (Can you say 200+ GB of bandwidth used PER DAY?) I've decided to remove support for images and take down a few features of the FFH, like the file list. For something that's just supposed to be a hosting site, it really wasn't doing all that much good anyway. This also allows people to keep their uploads rather private if they so wish.

I've also reinstated the timers. The download timer is only...1-3 seconds I think? Really should not be noticable. However, if you download a file bigger then 10MB, expect a warning to be shoved in your face telling you to wait 15 minutes. I don't see this as a major problem, hopefully this doesn't stack like I think it doesn't. (I can't be bothered remembering my own edited script..)

Hopefully this doesn't inconvenience you guys too much. If you really want, I can make more changes to it to help fit your needs, if you'd rather wait for YouSRB2, then I won't touch it.

Hopefully Cue will have his script set up to be a bit more secure then mine, either that or I hope he has a dedicated server on him.

JJames19119 said:
Hopefully Cue will have his script set up to be a bit more secure then mine, either that or I hope he has a dedicated server on him.

>_> |
>_> V

Cue said:
Logan's gonna buy us a Dual Opteron 1.8ghz with 1.5tb of bandwidth per month and a 160gb HDD guys, feel free to donate to him at any time, he damn well deserves it!
Oh, by the way, Alam and I will be the server's admins.

So, uh, yeah, we're gonna have our own server and I'll be putting WINE on there, so say hello to a 24/7 dedicated server guys, with added extras thanks to my knowledge of the source code >;).

200gb a day?

Oh fu-...

We only have 1.5tb a month :x

But then again, YouSRB2 will be moderated a bit more, so those massive wads and such won't last long (no more music please D:).

If worst comes to worst, we'll just blame downtime on the noobs that upload massive files ^_^".

I think Cue doesn't mean terabits. So, it's terabytes. Which won't go too far for a server. :/

Wait what the crap are you talking about? Terabytes are larger then terabits or gigabytes. He does indeed mean terabytes, Logan GBA bought a server which is talked about in the SRB2 blog.

Man, those are 1536GB, should be more than enough unless for big companies who recieve millions of customers every day, and this isn't the case, by far >_>

Hehe, I used to host the SRB2 FD files on my university's server, and I'd rape them for about 2tb/month.

But I wasn't violating their terms of service, so they couldn't do anything about it.

Yeah, but that's almost 60mb per download...

Wads aren't used as much, but there's a damn lot more of them. Hopefully the inclusion of a video feature will help lower it since people will be able to see what the wad is like before they download it. Oh, and don't forget there will be a video response thing for wads and videos. :)

Cue <3 Ripping off Youtube

If I remember correctly, YouTube was a modification of some other software, so you're just ripping off a ripoff. Of course, in that logic, you could say SRB2 is a ripoff of DOOM and Sonic The Hedgehog, and, well...

Hetor said:
Why did you remove list of files?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? Please add it again!

Probably for a very good reason, but acting like that will solve nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back