How to change the next level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eblo

I was wondering how to change the next level in SRB2 (kinda like Mystic Realm). If anyone could tell me that would really help.
For example, going into a certain area of the level would change the next level.

Custom Exit linedef special, coupled with a floor changing linedef executer. Search for it on the Wiki if you don't know how to use either.

Exactly. how are we supposed to know what floor heights resemble what stages?

I'm thinking it's something along the lines of
1 = MAP01
69 = MAP69
101 = MAPA1

and so on, but I don't know that for sure.

I've had problems warping to the exteneded map numbers, and yet Mystic does it just fine. At the moment I'm wondering if there's something that I'm missing....

I'll Begin said:
Exactly. how are we supposed to know what floor heights resemble what stages?

I'm thinking it's something along the lines of
1 = MAP01
69 = MAP69
101 = MAPA1

and so on, but I don't know that for sure.
Yeah, that's the way.

This is confusing.

Linedef Type 71
From SRB2 Wiki
Tag this to an Exit Sector (Sector Type 982) to exit to a custom level, overriding the one set in the map header. The map number you go to is indicated by the front sector's floor.

What is the front sector? Does it mean control sector?

Err, sorta. That's a linedef special, and you know linedefs have two sides, right? Each linedef has a front and a back side, and which side is which is indicated by a little mark on the middle of the line. Whichever sector the front side of your linedef is attatched to, that's what value the line reads off of. In control sectors, more often than not, the front side is the control sector. The only time this wouldn't be true is when you're doing something rather wierd, which isn't advised.

BlueZero4 said:
Err, sorta. That's a linedef special, and you know linedefs have two sides, right? Each linedef has a front and a back side, and which side is which is indicated by a little mark on the middle of the line. Whichever sector the front side of your linedef is attatched to, that's what value the line reads off of. In control sectors, more often than not, the front side is the control sector. The only time this wouldn't be true is when you're doing something rather wierd, which isn't advised.
Ok.

hi

Or type map map01 -force i the console like that if you still dont understand read the manual in srb2.org download in the left corner <_< of the screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back