Color-Changable Enemy Wad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virt

Trollerskates
I'm trying to make an MD2 Wad so that enemies (such as Eggman, and Sharp) can change colors, along with Sonic.. You know how when Eggman dies, his skin turns black? That's one of the things I'm trying to do. When I test it, it comes out as this hideous creature...
srb20000.png

Last edited:
I don't get the "skin turns black when he dies" part...?

I think he means this...
eggma1.png

To this when Eggman dies.
eggmw1.png

He is trying to make those as a Model, I think? However... as in the screenshot he shows. The Model is suppose to be his defeated state, but the model for it is broken.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, you CAN see a "burned from explosion" face... Or a remainder of a face... In the screenshot.
But why make Sonic's skin black when he dies?

I said Eggman's skin. I have textures for the Eggman in a wad, but for some reason it's using the sprites as a skin. I even stuck S_START and S_END markers around it, and it STILL didn't work.

I'm having the same problem, but with Sonic MD2's staying blue when they hit Super.

I said Eggman's skin. I have textures for the Eggman in a wad, but for some reason it's using the sprites as a skin. I even stuck S_START and S_END markers around it, and it STILL didn't work.

Well, that's the thing. You have to REPLACE the sprites with the texture(EGGMA0, EGGMB0, etc.). The texture also has to fit SRB2's palette, and it has to be converted to a DooM Graphic, just like any other sprite.

Well, that's the thing. You have to REPLACE the sprites with the texture(EGGMA0, EGGMB0, etc.). The texture also has to fit SRB2's palette, and it has to be converted to a DooM Graphic, just like any other sprite.

I know, I made a new texture for it and put it in a WAD. I made every single frame have a texture, and the dying frame had a dark face.

But even then his texture was the original sprite. And yes, I DID add the WAD to the game.

I know, I made a new texture for it and put it in a WAD. I made every single frame have a texture, and the dying frame had a dark face.

But even then his texture was the original sprite. And yes, I DID add the WAD to the game.

Hm, could you send me what you have so I can take a look, then?

I made this thread a while ago, probably before my hard drive crashed. Sorry, but I don't have the wad anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back