1.08 Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can search in each page for "custom exit." That's what I did to find the page I'd posted it on. But don't sweat it, we all make mistakes.

I sometimes get this serious error when I start up srb2 in openGL. It locks up on "Sonic Team Jr. Presents" and when I close out of the program, I find this dialogue box that says "failure to initialize openGL mode" as well as 4 or 5 srb2 exes opened up. Did I mention that it also deletes ALL of my saved data, except for save files?

Are you sure it really locks up? It always freezes there for me, for about five seconds. Have you made sure your video drivers are up to date?

This really should be a separate topic, as it's not a specific bug report.

I've noticed that you can score the other team's flag even if your flag isn't at your base. As long as your flag isn't in the hands of a player on the enemy's team, you can score.

a441 edit: This is not a bug.

messedHUD.jpg

I'm guessing I missed the "Time" bit (even though looking in the WAD itself it shows I edited the proper thing; SBOARMOR - maybe I edited a redunant version and it's SBOTIME or something like that), even so - while SCORE and RINGS aligned themselves with my new sprites, TIME did not.

Here's hoping I actually found a bug that's a real bug. I did a search for "HUD" and came up with nothing pertaining to this bug...

Edit: It's probably worth noting that in this screenshot it looks like only the colon does not align - it's infact both the colon and the last two numbers. On certain combinations they overlap one another.

There are two TIME graphics. One for the HUD, the other for the act clear screen. Yes, kind of redundant, but I was stupid back then, I guess.

There are two TIME graphics. One for the HUD, the other for the act clear screen. Yes, kind of redundant, but I was stupid back then, I guess.

Actually, that makes 3 sets, then.

SBOARMOR - The Old "Time" Graphics, Doom Leftovers
SBOTIME - What SRB2 uses currently for the HUD
WIOSTI - For the Act clear.

Bubble patches appear when they're not under the water. This wouldn't really be a problem since you generally put them in water, but in my CTF map there are bubble patch areas that are only submerged part of the time, as the water level rises and falls.

Colormaps with it's translucency set higher than Z do not work in OpenGL mode. It simply makes the water appear as if it has no colormap at all.

Actually, alpha values only go from A to Z. I scanned the code a little while ago and found that any digits would just get set to some default value in software, if memory serves.

Digits work fine w/ me. And, I've never gotten trapped in a bubble. And, the "-color" option doesn't work. And, "-skin" sets it to the character's "deafault" color. And, in the "Player Setup screen", if you highlighted the player, it doesn't change the name. And, ...

Ok i made a map in space, I try it on multiplayer with my bro, when he goes into space, i get the countdown music, when the music stops he crashes :|

Here's another bug, although it's somewhat minor:

Whenever you're playing in Multiplayer in an Adventure-enabled stage (In match), you can shoot rings rapidly without the rapid-fire ring. Here's how:

1. Get some rings.
2. Get by some other rings, so that the "Activate-LightDash" message comes up.
3. Hold down the 'Throw Ring" key. NOTE: It has to be on the keyboard.

Your character will shoot rings rapidly.

If you can aim that stream of rings properly using analog control, I applaud you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back