Unable to play Srb2 on my Imac

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueTenguMan

Been working. . .
So yea. I just got this computer this evening and I decided to download Srb2ME. Apparently when I tried to open it, a window popped up saying: "This program cannot be run in DOS mode"

Now I just found out thats because the content is exe. Windows content.

Now I just want to know if there is a way to play Srb2 on this computer without going through the process of downloading Windows XP.

Soo...assistance?

Simple. Realize Mac is an overhyped, overworshiped, overpriced piece of luxury poop and go with Windows.

...Orrrrrrrrrrrr just wait until JTE makes a Mac version, IF he cares.

EDIT: Oh, thought you ment MFE. Yeah, check the ports section.

Last edited:
I think there's a Mac program that allows you to run EXEs through it.

That said, I agree with DOOD64. With the exception of computer security, Macs are overhyped systems that allow for less flexible use of programs.

Macs are perfectly fine, they're just not as supported. Plus, he didn't ask you to tell him whether his computer sucks or not, which it doesn't, he asked for help with this problem. I have yet to see consistent proof that Macs suck, besides the price. Seriously. Plus, you might as well say that Linux and Unix suck. The OSs we have today are pretty much all equally matched, except a few things here and there. To say one sucks more than the other is just being ignorant. I'm not saying OS X is better than Windows either. I like Windows, but not as much as I do OS X, even though I'm stuck with a PC, and have been for a while.

Anyway, to get an actual answer to you:
You can try the OS X port of SRB2 laying around somewhere on the forum, but I don't think it's as up-to-date as the Windows one.

Ok, guys, let's stay on topic, please. We don't need the same old operating system debate every time someone raises a question. Keep it to yourselves, or go to the colosseum if you really want to.

Consider that a warning.

Macs are perfectly fine, they're just not as supported. Plus, he didn't ask you to tell him whether his computer sucks or not, which it doesn't, he asked for help with this problem. I have yet to see consistent proof that Macs suck, besides the price. Seriously. Plus, you might as well say that Linux and Unix suck. The OSs we have today are pretty much all equally matched, except a few things here and there. To say one sucks more than the other is just being ignorant. I'm not saying OS X is better than Windows either. I like Windows, but not as much as I do OS X, even though I'm stuck with a PC, and have been for a while.

Anyway, to get an actual answer to you:
You can try the OS X port of SRB2 laying around somewhere on the forum, but I don't think it's as up-to-date as the Windows one.

The Linux, OS X and Windows releases of SRB2 are all just as up to date as each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back