SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 02-13-2014   #1
Shardvexz
Cosmophile on IRC/Discord

Default Super-easy, Fast, Port Forwarding!

No more Hamachi! :P

If you're like me, you're too lazy to go through the hastle of port forwarding. Or you might be at a friend's house, and not know the password to your friend's router. Or maybe your parents don't want you messing with the network. Well, I have a solution for you!

After a lot of googling, I have found a way to quickly port forward without the username and password to your router, in just a few seconds! It's a program called "PortMapper." All you have to do is enter in the port you want to forward, which is port 5029 UDP for SRB2.

Download: http://upnp-portmapper.sourceforge.net/#download
Tutorial: http://www.howtogeek.com/122227/how-...p-application/

This program is much better than a similar program called Hamachi. Hamachi requires you to register an account. It also requires other people to be running Hamachi to join your server. But PortMapper does not require any of this, it simply forwards your ports.

It's a java program so you will need the Java runtime. I've tested it on Windows 7, and it works great! Try it out and let me know if it works. :)
Old 02-13-2014   #2
Maximus123458

Either i'm doing something wrong, or this does not work..

http://i.imgur.com/rWW7rFd.png
Is this how it's supposed to be configured?
Maximus123458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014   #3
SteelT
Developer

This still requires you to know your router username and password. There is no way of port forwarding without accessing your router, so these programs just automate the port forwarding part for you. But you still have to input your router username and password.
SteelT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014   #4
Shardvexz
Cosmophile on IRC/Discord

Not sure what is wrong Maximus, your configuration looks fine. Did you make sure "use local host" in the edit window is enabled?

Steel the fox: When I tried it I didn't have to input any username or password.
Old 02-14-2014   #5
u4704

That's why it probably works without entering a password, and that's also why it won't work if somebody took the time to properly secure the network by changing the router's weird default settings. ;)
u4704 is offline   Reply With Quote