SOCCing Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this is confusing. What is that A_(Blah Blah) and MF_ENEMY anyway? And before someone says to look in SRB2 Wiki, don't. I've already tried that, and it makes me more confused than ever.

The "A" in A_(Insert action here) stands for Action.

It is used to define what action you want to give an object, like A_FindTarget or A_AttractChase

As for the MF_Enemy flag:
MF generaly means a flag value. Now, when you use MF_ENEMY on an object, Srb2 will generally think it's an enemy that you get 100 points for if you destroy it.

Oh. So how do I edit these "Actions" to what I want, and how do I change the boss? I have a good idea of a boss but I don't know how to edit yet.

supersonic45 said:
I know that, but how do I actually edit them? I've tried everything.

Editing how the Actions work would require a diffrent EXE with a knowledge of C/C++ programming.
Technically, you cannot edit the actions themselves, but they can be used to make a new object.

Draykon said:
Honestly, five minutes of playing around with SOCEdit should give you a basic idea of the basics.
Unless you version is some how broken. (My situation.) But I don't use that program any way.

That's your problem then

the src folder comes in a Winzip file that contains Srb2 source code.

You extract whatever files that are in there and put the SOCedit tool within the src folder

Lol, that's awkward Flame.

You can just point SOCEdit to the src folder using the box in the upper-left. IMO it's much easier to have SOCEdit in the SRB2 Folder :p

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
supersonic45 said:
I know that, but how do I actually edit them? I've tried everything.

Editing how the Actions work would require a diffrent EXE with a knowledge of C/C++ programming.
Technically, you cannot edit the actions themselves, but they can be used to make a new object.

And where can I get these programs?

It says a different EXE, so that must mean a program in my head. Okay, I'll get started on finding what you mean, and then I'll come back with more questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back