• I don't care.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuffle

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Yay or nay? He was always as fast as Sonic in the Genesis games, why change that? :( He'd also not be so damn useless..

Tails's speed is set to 28, he enters his running frames at 22, and he loses the run on water when in running frame(He never was able to do this in the classics, and Sonic and Knuckles can run on water in Hydrocity as well as Tails). Perfect tails.plr right there.

I don't think he should be as fast as Sonic, being that Sonic's called "The fastest thing alive", but Tails should be able to go faster.

I'd like to see tails faster as well

Its a pain in the ass for tails players to keep up with sonic or knuckles players in race, so I would like this to be changed

I also agree Tails needs a boost. He is a horrendously slow runner. Flight doesn't quite make up for speed, especially when speed is a requirement for some of the official gametypes? A paradox.

...I also agree Tails needs to be toned down a tad. The whole Spindash to reach a constant 60-speed in flight is stupid. It's overly abusive.

I think that tails should be the speed of knuckles, knuckles should be the speed of sonic and they up the max speed so that sonic can be even faster.

I disagree. Go back and play Sonic 3&K.

Tell me what the difference was between the characters.

That's right, the ABILITIES. All of them posessed the same speed. The difference was in the abilities. Sonic could do his weird slashy-thing, and use barriers. Since that's not exactly best, let's just use SRB2's Thok. Tails could fly. Knuckles could climb, glide, and break rocks on contact. SRB2 is lacking in this. Instead, it relies on the individual speed of the characters. It's very annoying.

Dark Warrior said:
I disagree. Go back and play Sonic 3&K.

Tell me what the difference was between the characters.

That's right, the ABILITIES. All of them posessed the same speed. The difference was in the abilities. Sonic could do his weird slashy-thing, and use barriers. Since that's not exactly best, let's just use SRB2's Thok. Tails could fly. Knuckles could climb, glide, and break rocks on contact. SRB2 is lacking in this. Instead, it relies on the individual speed of the characters. It's very annoying.
Actualli I think that knuckles and tails should go the smae speed and sonic goes faster than them. Also if you remember Sonic 3&K everyone can run on water which is an ability which all srb2 plrs lack.

1) Could you fix your typing?
2) SRB2 needs SOME differences between the characters. Tails just happens to be mobility rather then speed/access. His running on water works well with that. The thok is abusive as it is. No need to add more/take more from others. Climb/Glide/Strength is the surest compromise. Knuckles can get more places than either of the others with his rock busting. His climbing and gliding allow him access to ther places as well. So, as it stands (Or, should):
Sonic = Speed
Knuckles = Access
Tails = Mobility

Fair balance right there.

Dark Warrior said:
1) Could you fix your typing?
2) SRB2 needs SOME differences between the characters. Tails just happens to be mobility rather then speed/access. His running on water works well with that. The thok is abusive as it is. No need to add more/take more from others. Climb/Glide/Strength is the surest compromise. Knuckles can get more places than either of the others with his rock busting. His climbing and gliding allow him access to ther places as well. So, as it stands (Or, should):
Sonic = Speed
Knuckles = Access
Tails = Mobility

Fair balance right there.
1.I hope so.
2.As for the fair balance stuff I admit that it is a truely fair balance, but it's a sonic game in which the characters platform at amazing speeds. Also I believe that both tails and knuckles are access, knuckles is just more useful for that sort of thing.
Well, anyway I just hope that SSN makes tails faster KTHXBYE.

Blue Fox2 said:
Thay should make him fast enough to reach his running animation. Maybe a little bit slower than Sonic.
I agree.
EDIT: Maybe same as Knuckles or maybe 2 speed slower.

Tails is excessively slow, though. Just bring up the speed a couple points and it would be a nice improvement.

Just fast enough that you could see the running sprites. We still know that Tails is fast enough to follow Sonic, except when Sonic has the running shoes. Knuckles was supposed to be the slow character. But I think Mystic will definitely vote No, so that the game will be fair and have flow.

This is basically what Tails's S_SKIN should be:

name = tails
face = SBOTLIFE
facename = STTAILSN
ability = 1
normalspeed = 28
runspeed = 22
thrustfactor = 3
accelstart = 192
acceleration = 50
spin = 1
startcolor = 112
endcolor = 127
prefcolor = 5
jumpheight = 100
boxindex = 2
runonwater = 0
allowsuper = 0
actionspd = 1
mindash = 15
maxdash = 60
waterskip = 1

Chaos Zero 64 said:
But I think Mystic will definitely vote No, so that the game will be fair and have flow.
Actually, Mystic wants it to happen, too.

[PM:01:15:31] <Shuffle> We should make a petition for making Tails faster. Because everybody knows petitions work! *sarcasm*
[PM:01:15:41] <Mystic> Trust me, I've tried
[PM:01:15:48] <Mystic> It actually might work, Shuffle

I'd say everyone has to be faster. The only way you can go fast in this game is by thokdashing or thokking. Really, you guys should use the unlimited thingy from every Sonic game. Once you reach maxspeed, the players will slowly speed up, to unlimited speed. Finally you'll be uncontrollable and go bang against a wall. Aw....need to start all over.

We really need to stop these thok fights. Make thok 40 or something. When you reach maxspeed slowly go faster and faster. This includes for all characters, not just Sonic. Its just that Sonic goes has a slight advantage here because his real maxspeed is 36. So he'll go faster from there, while tails has to go from 25. This way Sonic is still the fastest one in the game, while the others won't be slow. Of course you can't go faster then maxspeed underwater.

Tails' speed is the reason I don't use him, so yes, he needs to be faster.

And Sonic's thok should be toned down. The thokfests in Race are annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back