• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Legend of Zelda, The Goddess Blade (Proof-of-concept)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom things and frames would help. :p

Besides, does Zelda even have springs?

Lemme explain this people. The object begins it's life using SPR_DISS (Totally Cyan sprites) as an intangible object. Once it sees the player, it uses A_SetObjectFlags to become a spring. After a few tics, it calls A_Look again, if the player's gone from it's line of sight, it uses another A_SetObjectFlags call to revert to normal.

Using freeslots of course, no need to replace anything.

But how can you use A_Look to see if something's out of your line of sight? Also, what if you pushed a gargoyle or something to an edge?

Pseudocode FTW

If an object is in the line of sight {
Go to the seestate
}
If not {
Go to the next state
}

It's really quite simple, if A_Look is called, and an object is in the line of sight, it'll never reach it's next state.

And I'll just have to build the levels so that never happens now won't I?

What do you mean sprites ruin the game and Draykon used sprites because we didn't have MD2's when this was made.

mikesword221 said:
What do you mean sprites ruin the game and Draykon used sprites because we didn't have MD2's when this was made.
MD2s have been around for years. In fact, this was made because a Zelda mod with MD2s had been scrapped.

Kaysakado said:
mikesword221 said:
...yes we did.
But I didn't.

Besides, I still don't have the OoT MD2, just an emulator and a printscreen button.

Anyways, this project really hasn't gone anywhere, I might get back into it later, but for now, I'm not really motivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back