• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Legend of Zelda, The Goddess Blade (Proof-of-concept)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Plushima

Princess of Dreams
Judge
Well, since TML is essentially dead, Emerald Racers is getting nowhere, and my Wii allows me to watch anime outside of my computer time, I've decided to assemble an old Zelda fanfic-esque thing, and finally put it to use in the form of a fangame/SRB2 mod.

The idea for the item system came to me while mowing the lawn, with absolutely no obvious connection. Unlike most of my ideas, this proved to be more SOCcing than brainstorming, weird huh? Of course, Zelda in Sonic isn't exactly easy.

So, I now present to you all, with a simple little proof-of-concept WAD, containing the following:
An incomplete, prerendered Young Link character.
Jump button corresponds with sword-swipe.
Enter key brings up the item select menu, W moves up, S moves down, space bar selects an item. (none) items are empty item slots, for a theoretical not-yet-implimented system.
1, 2, and 3 keys correspond with item use. Or rather, item equipment, the fire key is the actual use button.
Items: Bow (Rocket launcher at the moment), Bombs, Boomerange (incomplete), Fire Rod (Exploding fireballs), Ice Rod (Acts more like the Cane of Sonmaria).

Possible future items: Clawshot (Works on specific targets. Unlikely.) Super Hookshot (Works on anything, for late-in-game use. Still juggling ideas to make this work without A_RemoteAction) Gravity Rod (SuperPsion telekinesis, without movement)

Possible future gimmicks: Usable sheild, sheild changing (Buckler (Dosen't block projectiles), Wooden sheild (Same as buckler, but bigger), Iron Gauntlent (Like buckler, blocks projectiles), Dark Shield (Like Wooden sheild, blocks projectiles), Three elemental shields (Fire, Ice, Lightning protect from all sides, complete immunity from elemental hazards.) Goddess Shield (Total invulnerability from all sides. Secret "Uber-quest" item) Changable swords (Unlikely, but possible. If so, includes: Kokiri Sword (default) Iron Sword, Master Sword, Goddess Blade (Identical to Master Sword, but used for storyline purposes)) Doors and Keys (Possible, not likely or unlikely) Treasure Chests (Almost Guranteed)

Download link for proof-of-concept demo: http://www.sendspace.com/file/mgb5hj

I'll explain my fan-ish storyline idea when I have more of it set in stone.

Re: The Legend of Zelda, The Goddess Blade (Proof-of-concept

Draykon said:
So, I now present to you all, with a simple little proof-of-concept WAD, containing the following:
Enter key brings up the item select menu, W moves up, S moves down, space bar selects an item. (none) items are empty item slots, for a theoretical not-yet-implimented system.
1, 2, and 3 keys correspond with item use. Or rather, item equipment, the fire key is the actual use button.
Items: Bow (Rocket launcher at the moment), Bombs, Boomerange (incomplete), Fire Rod (Exploding fireballs), Ice Rod (Acts more like the Cane of Sonmaria).
Uh wow. You've managed to get more done (aside from levels) than I did. And just with socks! x_X

Actually, I was hoping someone would pick up on TML. Infact, I was thinking about making a dungeon...

Ah2190 agreed to pick it up, but since he doesn't come around much (and because the first wad he released was unpopular do to being... poorly made), I doubt he has the capability to pick it up.

Anyway, it's nice... but it feels like it's nothing special to me. I don't know why; almost like it isn't worth the effort.

I like it, but the sword is broken, and is basically unplayable without levels.

So are you going to soc something, or just layer the edges of everything with bluesprings?

Segmint said:
Ah2190 agreed to pick it up, but since he doesn't come around much (and because the first wad he released was unpopular do to being... poorly made), I doubt he has the capability to pick it up.

Anyway, it's nice... but it feels like it's nothing special to me. I don't know why; almost like it isn't worth the effort.
Lol, Adam Hillman.
And that's understandable, after all, this IS just an early, proof-of-concept demo.

on Edge said:
I like it, but the sword is broken, and is basically unplayable without levels.

So are you going to soc something, or just layer the edges of everything with bluesprings?
I'll meet you halfway, and SOC invisible springs (Weaker than blue), to layer the edges of everything.

Shuffle said:
Draykon said:
Uh wow. You've managed to get more done (aside from levels) than I did. And just with socks! x_X
You sure about that? I mean, yeah I've made more items, but didn't you make lightable torches, doors/keys, and bombable walls? THAT'S what I really expect to be a challenge.

Here it is.
srb20026-1.png

Only one because im lazy.

Drayk said:
I'll meet you halfway, and SOC invisible springs (Weaker than blue), to layer the edges of everything.
That wouldn't really work. When you go back up the ledge, you'd jump for no reason.

Springs don't care what direction you're moving. If you're trying to get back up a ledge, it will still spring you, making it a useless "jump".

S_NULL? Also, you could just replace the spring sprites with a totally cyan sprite, and change the spring sound to a blank WAV file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back