Adding a extra Token Frame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicX8000

Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge
The default frames for the Special Stage Token is 7 for the emerald while the orb around the emerald is 1 Frame.

Bubble Thingy -> 1 Frame
Emerald -> 7 Frames *The one that changes color inside the bubble thingy.*

What I want to do is change the number of frames for the Emerald inside the orb to 8 frames instead of 7, however... I seem to be having... issues with doing so.

Is there any possible way of doing this? Or am I stuck with it having only 7 Frames?

Did you put in a wad and put S_START at the start of the sprites and S_END in end of sprites?

or does it disappear?

Last edited:
The default frames for the Special Stage Token is 7 for the emerald while the orb around the emerald is 1 Frame.

Bubble Thingy -> 1 Frame
Emerald -> 7 Frames *The one that changes color inside the bubble thingy.*

What I want to do is change the number of frames for the Emerald inside the orb to 8 frames instead of 7, however... I seem to be having... issues with doing so.

Is there any possible way of doing this? Or am I stuck with it having only 7 Frames?

You need to SOC the token, adding an extra frame which displays the extra emerald you want to include.
Note that both the state frame and the sprite must use free slots if you don't wish to overwrite anything, so if you'd want to put that in your GraphicX8000 wad for example, you'd risk compatibility with other mods...

Did you put in a wad and put S_START at the start of the sprites and S_END in end of sprites?

or does it disappear?
Uhh... The sprites display fine, I'm not having a issue with any of the sprites. What I'm saying is that I want to add a extra Frame to the token, for example, EMMYH0, as it already ends with EMMYG0.
-----
You need to SOC the token, adding an extra frame which displays the extra emerald you want to include.
Note that both the state frame and the sprite must use free slots if you don't wish to overwrite anything, so if you'd want to put that in your GraphicX8000 wad for example, you'd risk compatibility with other mods...
Bah... I suppose I can't do it then if it'll break the other mods.

Last edited:
Hmm, perhaps it may be possible to not use any freeslot at all.

There are two mobjs related to the special stage token, and only one is being used for something other than aesthetics: MT_EMMY. The other one, MT_TOKEN could be made useless if you merely redraw the sprites of MT_EMMY to have the blue orb around the emeralds.

That way, you gain an extra state frame and an extra sprite slot (the MT_TOKEN ones) to use on MT_EMMY.

Makes sense?

Yes, giving this a bump just to see if this SOC edit of it works.
Code:
Thing 51
MAPTHINGNUM = -1
SPAWNSTATE = 0
SPAWNHEALTH = 1000
SEESTATE = 0
SEESOUND = 0
REACTIONTIME = 8
ATTACKSOUND = 0
PAINSTATE = 0
PAINCHANCE = 0
PAINSOUND = 0
MELEESTATE = 0
MISSILESTATE = 0
DEATHSTATE = 0
DEATHSOUND = 0
XDEATHSTATE = 0
SPEED = 8
RADIUS = 524288
HEIGHT = 1048576
MASS = 100
DAMAGE = 0
ACTIVESOUND = 0
RAISESTATE = 0
FLAGS = 513

FRAME 526
SPRITENUMBER = 44
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 32774
DURATION = 2
NEXT = 527
ACTION None
VAR1 = 0
VAR2 = 0

FRAME 527
SPRITENUMBER = 45
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 32768
DURATION = 2
NEXT = 520
ACTION None
VAR1 = 0
VAR2 = 0
With this, the Bubble thing disappeared and it appears after the Emmy's 7 frames are done and whatnot then TOKEA0 shows up, which is the 8th frame, then loops back to EMMYA0, if I need to provide and sample of the SOC let me know, I just need to know if I did it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back