[SOC] PushableBoxes.soc

Status
Not open for further replies.

abiT

This is a really little soc. It's just enabling players to Push Monitors... But I hope people will like it. When player Jump on Monitor it not crash and this is only this one bug I know (Working on Fix it).
Screens are not given because here is no any graphical changes...

Attachments

• PushableBoxes.rar
    578 bytes · Views: 419
Assuming you somehow manage to fix the issue you mentioned, I could easily see this being used in a puzzle sort of map where you arrange the boxes for bouncing or some such. It's a neat idea, to be sure.

For the moment, assuming the only change was to the flags value you can go into the SOC with a text editor and remove everything from the object entries except for the flags value to reduce the size of the SOC, like so:

Code:
Thing 78
FLAGS = 1048646

Also, putting modby into a little SOC like this seems a bit much, don't you think? That could mess with other level packs and such, I'd say some commented out text would be sufficient for claiming ownership in the SOC.

Funny coincidence, I was just talking about a SOC like this yesterday in IRC.

Anyway, you can fix the bug you mentioned by disabling the MF_SOLID flag, this will allow you to both push and break the monitors, however this will also sometimes cause the player to walk through a monitor and drag it with them. In other words, it will still be buggy but work better than it does now.
(The SOC will actually work fine the way it is now if placed monitors have the Ambush flag checked, but that would also disable pushing, ruining the point of the SOC.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back