A question about 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Since I use dial-up, I need to know the size of 1.09 compared to 1.08 (assuming there will be a patch?) Because I lost SRB2 in a hard drive crash a while ago, and can't find the time to download it over again. And I wouldn't want to download 1.08 if 1.09 (if the rumors are true...) Will be out relatively soon. But I'll have to if 1.09 is significantly greater in size. Can anyone who has that information help me? Thanks.

SRB2 1.09 is only a small change, all they are doing is basiccly getting rid of bugs and such. So i can assure you i don't think it will me much bigger than 1.08.

Aren't they also adding a new flag design, and a blue spring?
Hm... What about Knuckles? Will he be completed, and not look like he got plastic surgery from drunken hobos... TWICE, and got colored paint splattered on him?
Or, are they saving THAT for 1.1? :roll:

SRB2-Playah said:
Aren't they also adding a new flag design, and a blue spring?
Yes.
SRB2-Playah said:
Hm... What about Knuckles? Will he be completed, and not look like he got plastic surgery from drunken hobos... TWICE, and got colored paint splattered on him?
No.

It's quite clear that the chances Knuckles won't be completed by 1.09 is 100%.

There's also a nearly 100% chance it will never be completed at all, depending on laziness.

Some of the sprites in SPMoves based on Knuckles look to be the standard SSNTails style of draw, so the chances exists still...

Knuckles will not have a new sprite for 1.09.

SRB2 1.09 will be about the same filesize as 1.08, although it might be slightly bigger. Expect it somewhere around 20-30 MB unless we do some drastic last-minute additions ^_~

Oh heres another question:
Will all of the 1.08 WADS be compatible with 1.09? i really dont want fo get rid of all of mine.

Some specialized tags were changed to add functionality or make it easier to use, but they are all weird tags that are not used much. Hence, a few of the more complicated maps may need minor modifications to make their special effects work.

One that immediately comes to mind is the Custom Exit tag, which was changed to use the floor height, to allow you to actually change the floor height and change where the exit would lead.

akirahedgehog said:
I think SSN may have a few suprises waiting for us. Like the slopes.

SLOPE. o.o

*ahem* slopes don't exist...slopes don't exist...

Do you realize what that would do for wads though?
Think of the possibilities! ^^

SSNTails said:
Just for fun, I've been experimenting with adding slopes lately. Not sure how far this will go - it may end up making the game unplayable on low-end machines.

Sounds like even he isn't sure if it will happen. I wouldn't bet on the slopes just yet.

Another question which I'm *certain* has been asked hundreds of times before, and *know* I'm going to call down the wrath of the entire forum upon myself by asking:

Spirals/Loops/Character turning upside down. Is it possible (within reason- without drastically changing the source), or not?

*hides from mystic and SSNTails*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back