Sonic Team level themes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaos Zero 64 said:
No... about you being able to kill eggman by spindashing below him.
I've been trying to get that trick fixed for a while, but I don't think it has been. Exploits like that ruin gameplay, really. It feels amusing, but it really is damaging when you can beat the boss in 14 seconds flat ^_~

I legitimately beat ultimate (no saves / level select) with knuckles after about 57 tries :?. The trick for CEZ3 eggman that I found was to take time popping the six jettys by the entrance and then the two on the platform, then gliding through the lower half of the boss once he got up in the air.

I think I know why Mystic hates SPMoves. It has some neat ideas (I like the "button room" level), but it's not well put-together AT ALL. The level with the Jason the Echidna character is poorly made, the requirement that one must beat Ultimate in order to play the PSO levels, the generic seasonal changes (though Spring is pretty good in my opinion) that affect the entire game and make it look all one style; it's a bunch of poorly implemented ideas that sound cool on paper, and could be much better.

I didn't get much of a positive reception on his forum. I mentioned that I didn't appreciate having to listen to the SA1 Tornado music all the time on the forum, and having to beat Ultimate just to play a new gameplay mode, and someone's response to that was to call me a noob, "more than even the noobs". Nice way to address someone's concerns. What a mental child.

Anyway, verdict on SPMoves: It has cool ideas, decent implementation of some, godawful implementation of others.

SPmoves just never made any sense really.
I think it was and still is meant to be experimental, a sort of "let's see what kinds of things I can do" type of creation. If you look on Jason the Echidna's website, there's a lot of experimental levels on there. This is basically an experimental mod, trying out different level types, containing new characters, and graphics changes for the seasons.

It's experimental ideas, but I wish JtE would go back and improve upon the ideas and their implementation.

Really, I never can get to run the game... It says that files are missing (but I check and there are).

Go download his music WAD.

I agree with CGally. SPMoves needs an owner's manual, at least 20 pages to explain how to work the thing.

You really want a cheat?

Try typing "Objectplace on" in the console.
This will allow you to put objects on the level temporarily(sp?).
To switch between objects, use "rotate camera L" and "rotate camera R"
(check control list)
To place an object, use your ring throw button.

A quick way to beat the level would be to place 3 emeralds(not for special stage) on it and collect them all.

Thanks for the cheat. I created an invincibility box and beat Eggman that way on Ultimate.

Anyway, the PSO mode is very incomplete, but interesting. I like the use of teleporters to connect the Acts, and the way the music changes based on location, which I thought was classy. The leveling up system and increased health was pretty unique, actually. Overall, though, I felt it was seriously lacking, but then again, it was experimental.

I still am unhappy with the heavy requirements though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back