SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 03-27-2014   #4001
speed2411
Speed2411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Why? Strafe on caused numerous exploits that plagued the game. With it gone, those exploits no longer work. Why is Strafe on even necessary? You have a keyboard, right? Can't you just use regular strafe keys?

And enlighten me, why does it feel like spin was removed when it has nothing to do with it?
I use special scripts to switch my controls around depending on the gametype I'm playing. When I play coop, I prefer to be able to turn with my keyboard controls, rather then use the mouse. That being said, I prefer pressing one button to strafte instead of two. Also, I had no problems using that feature so I don't know what bugs your talking about.

Also, the spin thing was just to let you know how I felt about this being removed.
Old 03-27-2014   #4002
Wolfy
wolfs
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed2411 View Post
I use special scripts to switch my controls around depending on the gametype I'm playing. When I play coop, I prefer to be able to turn with my keyboard controls, rather then use the mouse. That being said, I prefer pressing one button to strafte instead of two. Also, I had no problems using that feature so I don't know what bugs your talking about.

Also, the spin thing was just to let you know how I felt about this being removed.
The way I have things setup is to use WASD and the arrow keys when I play non-ringslinger gametypes. Much more efficient to maneuver.

If you did want to use a feature similar to Strafe On, you could always just use better scripts and bind properly instead of relying on a command to turn it on for you. And as for bugs, strafe on caused many speedrunning issues, such as tails and his spin-strafe-fly maneuver. This would cause the player to move unnaturally fast and was removed in part because of this.
[23:56:36] <SM-MaxX> prisma illya is a gift to this impure earth and a shining beacon for all anime
Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #4003
akirahedgehog
Toasty!

There is no apparent source of light in DSZ which detracts from the experience. Maybe add nautical type gas lamps or devise a light source left over from the ancient inhabitants of DSZ which has somehow survived centuries of neglect (The mythical people of Atlantis were said to have used a crystalline light source).

akirahedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #4004
Eblo

Does the ability to change skins mid-game really need to be disabled? I understand that players could abuse the feature, but it's rather annoying to have to exit a game to change your strategy. The host should at least have the ability to enable or disable mid-game skin changes, or they could be limited to when players are dead or between matches.

Apologies if this belongs in another thread or if there is an actual server function for this.
Eblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #4005
Netro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eblo View Post
Does the ability to change skins mid-game really need to be disabled? I understand that players could abuse the feature, but it's rather annoying to have to exit a game to change your strategy. The host should at least have the ability to enable or disable mid-game skin changes, or they could be limited to when players are dead or between matches.

Apologies if this belongs in another thread or if there is an actual server function for this.
This is a thing. The host restricts skin changes.
Netro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014   #4006
Knux576
Neighborhood Memer

Replace Spring Hill with Botanic Serenity, or make the required emblems for it lower. Seriously, SHZ for 100 emblems? Most of the setpieces in it are used for the special stages anyway.
Knux576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014   #4007
Fred
Formerly known as 'Neo'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knux576 View Post
Replace Spring Hill with Botanic Serenity, or make the required emblems for it lower. Seriously, SHZ for 100 emblems? Most of the setpieces in it are used for the special stages anyway.
It's a legacy unlockable, it was the first Nights stage ever made. Also, don't worry, Pandora's Box is even worse.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014   #4008
K.S.
Formerly Inuyasha
Retired Staff

Do you really want a repeat of SA2's 180 emblem unlockable, though, where something awesome gets hidden behind a ridiculous requirement?
K.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014   #4009
Jellybones
Lawful Neutral

Yes. That actually makes the effort worth it. Previously Spring Hill Zone was a great deal of fun because it was really the only Nights stage. Not that it isn't fun now, but it's more a novelty at this point. I respect that it's a legacy stage, the first Nights on ever made and so forth, but it doesn't make for a good final unlockable. I would very much prefer something like Botanic Serenity.
Jellybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014   #4010
AozoraJustin
AKA Superjustinbros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigmund_Froid View Post
Here's my suggestion, can somebody please remove the oxygen bubble from destroyed enemies gimmick in Azure Temple? It's a real pain in the colon to have your momentum halted by touching those stupid oxygen bubbles, especially right over a bottomless pit.
You could always have the bubbles stay, just when you hit them and recover air they don't halt your movement like the bubbles that come out of the ground.

I also have an idea to contribute: some kind of feature editable via LUAs that allows custom player colors as long as the WAD/Soc that adds the colors is added to the game.

Last edited by AozoraJustin; 03-29-2014 at 11:44 PM.
AozoraJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014   #4011
Monster Iestyn
Fangtastic

Hint: Get one of the Elemental Shields around in ATZ (there's like 3 or 4 total IIRC), and the bubbles will no longer be a nuisance to you. You don't need to breathe bubbles when you're equipped with that in particular!

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014   #4012
TotemPoleMan

I have two suggestions that are related to the same subject. Above sprites of freed animals look slightly outdated and do not fit the art style in comparison to main characters like Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Eggman and Badniks. As Monitors have been updated in the recent version of the game, Animal sprites could be modified to resemble more of their original designs from early games (see image here, courtesy of Sonic Retro). Another suggestion is that more different types of animals could be added to the game in order to bring variety for each Zone.

EDIT: Okay, so the second suggestion has been already posted here before back in 2009.

Last edited by TotemPoleMan; 03-31-2014 at 02:23 PM.
TotemPoleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014   #4013
Steelie
Cheesy around the edges

What happened to the spring? There was always one to make it up for the rather hard spring bounce section so that you can skip the platforming. Now it just forces me to go down there as if I went the other way around.
Old 04-01-2014   #4014
TehRealSalt
Ya Gal Sal Here (σᴥσ)

Could you give a ring counter for Record Attack that tells you how many rings are left? It's a little frustrating when you spend more than 10 minutes in a smallish level like GFZ2 and get close to 340 rings; but don't get the perfect bonus. :/

Something like "RINGS: 15/360" would be fine.

Last edited by TehRealSalt; 04-01-2014 at 04:15 AM.
TehRealSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #4015
That2rb2DUDE
Pro Splatoon 2 Player

Default Mlooksens should come back!

Will it be possible to bring back Mlooksens? (Probably the 4th time I've said this now..)

"I'm finding aiming to be very slippery when moving my mouse up and down. I use to have my mousesens at 44 and mlooksens at 23 because that's what I was use to and having them merge together is now just makes it a lot harder to aim in Match and CTF."

Even when I'm playing in single player I find it very annoying of how fast I look up and down which pretty much screws me up when I'm causally playing in 3rd person.

You could say "why don't you just slow down your mouse sensitivity?" Well the that will slow down my mousesens looking left and right which will be very uncomfortable for me personally.

Twitter: @ThatSrb2DUDE
That2rb2DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014   #4016
Senku Niola
Drifting Golden Swordsman

Please can we redo Ability2 completely, the current way it works is ick.
What I suggest is:

0 = CA2_None = No Spinjump, No Multi, No Spindash

1 = CA2_Spinjump = Spinjump, No Multi, No Spindash
2 = CA2_Spindash = No Spinjump, Spindash, No Multi
3 = CA2_Multiability = No Spinjump, No Spindash, Multi

4 = CA2_SpinJumpDash = Spinjump, Spindash, No Multi
5 = CA2_MultiSpinJump = Spinjump, No Spindash, Multi
6 = CA2_MultiDash = No Spinjump, Spindash, Multi

7 = CA2_All = Spinjump, Multi, Spindash

Or instead combine flags: (Default 3)

1 = SpinJump
2 = Spindash
4 = Multiability
8 = NoJumpSpin

Or we could just throw nojumpspin into the "flags" with the other extra stuff.

The reason I suggest this is I ran into an issue where I was trying to give a character no spindash and no multiability, aka CA2_None; but it removed their ability to jumpspin as well which is not what I wanted and I swore during previous 2.1 testings it used to have spin jump.
Senku Niola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #4017
Wolfy
wolfs
Developer

I think your ideas do make sense Senku, although you can easily alleviate your issue with Lua. I have some basic scripts that basically do everything that CA2_MultiDash would do for all three of the game's main characters. If you'd like to know more about them and how you would use them, drop me a message.
[23:56:36] <SM-MaxX> prisma illya is a gift to this impure earth and a shining beacon for all anime
Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014   #4018
Shadon
Professional ass-merchant

Are we going to ever accept that we have a yellow chaos emerald, not an orange one?
Cause that's the biggest thing for me right now.
Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltstorm
Go yiff yourself
Shadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #4019
Fred
Formerly known as 'Neo'

Would be cool if the Ring record in Record Attack highlighted perfects when they happen, since they're the only record that can be objectively perfected. I just unexpectedly got a Perfect Bonus in AGZ record attack but looking at the screen there's nothing to show for it, which is disappointing.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #4020
SonicX8000
Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge

I don't suppose the Timer during NiGHTS Mode's Record Attack can appear outside Record Attack? It may have a use during NiGHTS Maps since you tend to test the level many times and it would be good to know how long you took and to see how can you improve to set a suitible Time for Time Emblems and such.

Of course... another use is knowing when to set delayed linedef execs correctly during NiGHTS Mode outside Record Attack.

Last edited by SonicX8000; 04-03-2014 at 03:15 PM.
SonicX8000 is offline   Reply With Quote