Suggestions

When it comes to the discussion of the thok, everyone seems to complain that Sonic is overpowered in Match, while completely ignoring SP. Not only is he already the weakest in terms of just pure platforming power in SP, nerfing his thok would make remove the one reason you would play as him in SP, which is for his speed. I feel like more people really need to realize this when it comes to the discussion of balance.

When it comes to the discussion of the thok, everyone seems to complain that Sonic is overpowered in Match, while completely ignoring SP. Not only is he already the weakest in terms of just pure platforming power in SP, nerfing his thok would make remove the one reason you would play as him in SP, which is for his speed. I feel like more people really need to realize this when it comes to the discussion of balance.

The reason only why I would nerf his speed in singleplayer and co-op would be to make it easier for everyone to keep up with him since you are kinda going through the level together, though singleplayer could probably have his speed increased...

Can we all just remember for a quick second that the devs have SP in mind more than the other gametypes? The thok is really useful to co-op in general, it makes Sonic capable of platforming very quickly and precisely. Yes, he's overpowered in practically everything else, but SP is the reason Sonic has his thok to this day, and even for 2.2. If anything, the possible suggestion is to change Sonic's ability based on gametype, keep his awesome thok in SP, and maybe give him a double jump in match/CTF. Hell, anyone can do that in a lua script if they really wanted to.

We're not planning on adding any new gametypes at this time, other than possibly thokker after we deal with some issues we'd have with it in 2.2. We don't have enough time to deal with the problems in the gametypes we already have, so there's absolutely no way we're going to be adding more.

Also, while we did do some experiments with a changed thok, we found it was not a good idea to change it and it will remain the same. Yep, it's pretty strong, but there are other more pressing issues in our competitive gametypes anyways, and it's just fine in single player.

Also, while we did do some experiments with a changed thok, we found it was not a good idea to change it and it will remain the same. Yep, it's pretty strong, but there are other more pressing issues in our competitive gametypes anyways, and it's just fine in single player.

May we at least hear what some of these experiments were?

Probably not, because then there'll likely be petitions to get those concepts put in the game despite us rejecting it.

I don't remember if I have suggested this yet, but for ObjectPlace, you cycle through objects using the rotate camera left/right controls. On my PlayStation/XBox controller set-up, however, the only camera turning I have is the right stick, which is bound to turning the player, not the camera. But I do have next/previous weapon bound on my controller.

So could ObjectPlace be tweaked to allow selection of objects through the next/previous weapon controls in addition to the camera rotation controls? Not a big deal at all, just a very minor suggestion.

Personally, I'd like BRSTM sound files supported, as I find they are easier to loop, and they are quite small.

Last edited:
I would like to see the time varible intergrated into the game.

It could also be fun for RP servers and it can be a nice detail to see the co-op

If you mean being able to set the time shown for clients, what use would that even have? If you mean being able to read the current time on the map in Lua, we already have two global variables for that.

I think what he suggested was to have real time inserted into SRB2. Like if you were playing SRB2 at 2:00 in the morning, the lighting and the color map would be adjusted to fit what time you're playing SRB2. That's my take on it.

I think what he suggested was to have real time inserted into SRB2. Like if you were playing SRB2 at 2:00 in the morning, the lighting and the color map would be adjusted to fit what time you're playing SRB2. That's my take on it.

Almost, i meant the ability to adjust time on the map, Just like the TIME.wad integrated in vanilla

Make sure to add slopes to Pipe towers pipes instead of that stairs trick, that's another suggestion for 2.2 :P .

Not really a suggestion for the game, but for the forums.

Add an MD2 Category to the releases section, to allow for cleaning up the Miscellaneous section, as it is a very common addition.

If an object that makes sounds is near a skybox object, make the sound play for any players using that skybox. I'd love to add an ambient sound Thing with gravity and a rising/falling floor so I could make wind that varies in volume and can be heard throughout the map.

If an object that makes sounds is near a skybox object, make the sound play for any players using that skybox. I'd love to add an ambient sound Thing with gravity and a rising/falling floor so I could make wind that varies in volume and can be heard throughout the map.

Why don't you instead mix those sounds in the background music you're going to use .

I just got this idea recently, Robohood should have some sort of sound to indicate it's going to shoot at you, and when it does shoot at you.

nothing robot sounding, but more sounding like what you'd expect from a crossbow. the swoosh sound used on the swinging chains for example would fit as a possible canidate for the shoot sound.

To add onto glaber's post, Robo-Hood basically only has one frame outside of his hop and adding more frames of it aiming and firing would help in telegraphing the attack. I forgot how notorious they are for firing at you without any sort of indication whatsoever..

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back