• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

My first music wad ever made!(breakingthehabit.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

max+sonic

A Proud SRB2 User
Hello everyone this is my first wad ever made the song is called Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park. Hopefully you all know who they are. Anyway to play this song on SRB2 put it in and play tunes 1 I was planing it to make it Super Sonic music but I don't know how to do that yet.

Here is the download link: No. -SH

If you like this music wad and want to listen more of them I will make more music wads. :mrgreen:

The wad is illegal? I was planning on adding Breaking the Habit to my wad as the final boss battle. I have been planning it for a long time :cry:

If you want Breaking the Habit wad get it quick cause in two days or longer I'm taking down the download site for it. So get it while it's hot! 8)

You're releasing music over the internet for free, music you usually have to pay for. That's why it's illegal.

If you're reading this, you're wasting part of your life....

1. Music-only WADs aren't allowed on forum. You can have custom music, as long as it doesnt break number 2, and the rest of the WAD makes up for it.

2. You're distributing music you have to pay for, for free. If you want to use a band's song, than play it yourself and record it, and I'm not even sure about the legality of that.

Yes, SRB2 is technically a copyright violation. We're using SEGA's characters without their permission.

The thing is, there is more to SRB2 than just a copyright violation, and SEGA hasn't been particularly interested in suing their own fanbase of late, so it's being ignored.

However, music piracy is the exact opposite. The RIAA has apparently decided that all of their customers are their enemy, and are suing random people.

Combine the lawsuit-happy RIAA with the fact that most music WADs are of dubious quality to begin with, and you can see why there's no good reason to allow them on the forums.

Yeah, I can't believe this isn't locked. We know an admins seen it, because someone took away the link, and Mystic's posted two times, but it's still not locked. It's a sign of the apocalypse!

You know, I was actually scared that this would get locked while I was typing this.

EDIT:
Mystic said:
Yes, SRB2 is technically a copyright violation. We're using SEGA's characters without their permission.
But, when you quit the game, it says that all charectors are copyright of Sega, or something along those lines.

You don't need permission to give credit

This might be open so people can talk about how/why music wads are illigal

I'm not saying you need permission to give credit, I'm saying that it's legal because they gave credit.

Kaysakado, that is NOT how copyright works.

SRB2 is a copyright violation. However, SEGA does not _care_, and as long as they don't care, it really doesn't matter whether it is or not.

Think about it, if giving credit is all you need to avoid copyright, you could put up songs on Napster and give credit to the author, and then the RIAA couldn't touch you. That's clearly not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back