The SRB2FFH: A place to upload all your content!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Triangle Trumper said:
Kopper said:
I think Cue doesn't mean terabits. So, it's terabytes. Which won't go too far for a server. :/

Terabytes are MEGAHUGE. The lergest computer ever had 3000 of them. 3 million Gigs. Whoa.

3,072,000 gigabytes actually. =P

Cue said:
Yeah, but that's almost 60mb per download...

Wads aren't used as much, but there's a damn lot more of them. Hopefully the inclusion of a video feature will help lower it since people will be able to see what the wad is like before they download it. Oh, and don't forget there will be a video response thing for wads and videos. :)

Cue <3 Ripping off Youtube

...will the videos be hosted on a separate server? Because you're just ASKING for bandwidth rape given that vidoes are roughly 2 to 10 times larger then the wads themselves are. (Unless it's a music pack, but then, we don't want any of those either.)

Yes, yes, it is kinda shocking, but my stats do indicate that I'm using 200 GB of bandwidth per day. Today was especially crazy, as my bandwidth usage climbed up to 350 GB...in about 18 hours.

And yes, I have confirmed something: A very large majority of it comes from the FFH for this game alone. 300+ GB in 18 hours all coming from one single site. Makes you think.

Quite frankly, I've had enough of this. It's apparent it's being used for nothing but abuse now. I have enough troubles to deal with now, and I'm no longer worried about my site being popular enough or whatever. It's going to be replaced sooner or later anyways. I'm taking the FFH down and putting up a new one in it's place.

I'll give everyone three days after the site comes back to save everything they have on it before I tear it down and replace it altogether. You need to reupload and relink everything once it's up. I'm sorry for the inconvenience seriously, not even 3 TB per month is enough to justify the amount of abuse this gets.

Again, I'm sorry.

Donovan the hedgehog said:
Then we need to use sendspace................
:crys:

Oh, dear god not the evil sendspace again! I never really like sendspace that much, but thanks to SRB2FFH it's easier to download instead of loading thousands of pages of spam.

For the love of...

I just got an email from the server admin sort of threatening me. I'm using 500GB per day now. I'm really tired of this. I'm taking the site down and replacing it with something else.

I can't say I really have the time to script up my own file host, especially when there are others out there that simply get the job done better. This will have to do. For now, all links to the FFH will be broken, as I've deleted every single file. I'm fairly positive a massive amount of it was abuse and not actually any sort of SRB2 related content anyway. Once the site comes back up, you'll have to reupload anything you've uploaded there. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience but everyone must understand there a line has to be drawn somewhere.

Again, I'm very sorry. Maybe this will help reduce the massive amount of abuse the site is garnering.

Interesting that your site is being abused. Hopefully, you can catch the person(s) who is doing it. Hopefully it isn't some bug in the software that you use. Ouch.

500gb is a ****ing lot of downloading, i don't know why people simply need to download that much, i mean there's plenty of other downloading site out there. i think someone should make a topic with all the upload sites so it takes some of the abuse away from your site.

Alright, new site set up, hopefully it'll be more secure this time around. To upgrade it though, I had to delete all the existing files on the old FFH. Please reupload any files you had on there.

I like the new look and the upload limit seems reasonable to, i mean 50mb per file was way to big for a wad.

EDIT - this seems stupid but how about setting a download limit, like lets say **Gb download limit per day or something like that

im new here and i dont kno to much but a no a website thats gonna be good its still in progress but its nice

Link Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back