• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2FFH: Go here to find and upload WADs!

Should Password Protection be Enabled?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
See? That's why this should be stickied, just about every wad made ends up there at some point, making it a huge repository and archive of wads.

Fans of the SRB2FFH rejoice; hosting is now even better.

You can now upload BMPs and PNGs (Though that's sorta useless :P) as well as any WAD or ZIP file up to 15 Megabytes! This limit will only continue increasing so keep using the FFH and the better it'll become.

Waiting has also been substancally reduced. You now only have to wait 3 minutes to upload susequent files and that's only if the filesize is greater than 3 MB. As usual, downloading has no such limits. Download as much as you like. :)

Speaking of downloads, waiting for a link to appear when downloading a file is now only 1, that's ONE second. It means that the moment you click a link to download something, you get it almost instantaneously. Compare that to the THREE MINUTES Rapidshare makes you wait!

That's just about it. Thank you so much for using the FFH and making it popular. Our hosting is here to stay for a nice long while.

I should also like to put in a little mention here.

Don't upload files that aren't yours/you don't have the author's permission to upload.

A couple times I've seen stuff I host/made put up there. I find it annoying because sometimes I don't want what I made put there. I'm sure other people feel the same way.

Gosh, guys. We really need to keep this topic alive. Everybody needs to know about this. Sendspace sucks. I hope you fixed the ZIP bug. Previous time I couldn't upload ZIPs with a higher filesize then 1 MB.

I don't understand why, many people, including I, have already done so. You sure it's not your connection or something?

ATTENTION

The FFH will be down for some time. Why? Surprise. :D

Stay tuned into this thread for updates.

No. Why? I'm done already. :P

With that said, take a look at the new SRB2FFH.

srb2ffh.PNG

VASTLY revamped and improved, I recently upgraded to a much higher version. Now, you can password protect your files, give them descriptions, put them categories and much more. Not only does this make it easier for you and people looking to download a few stuff, it makes it easier for me, the admin. =P The layout is changed, the whole place is spruced up, and everything is so much better.

Btw, I increased the file size limit AGAIN to commemorate. 20MB uploads ftw!

No, people can pass-lock files for people they only want having the file. It's not a guaranteed lock.

What is the password? I really can't download any wads there anymore.I've tried.It just says a password protection thing and when I try to type anything,it doesn't let me through

I'm guessing the one who uploads selects the password, and then gives it out to the people they want to download it, for testing purposes.

Hah, that's funny...when I turned on password protection, it made EVERY file password protected, regardless of whether or not it really was.

I turned it off for now. You should be able to access any file now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back