Final Release? (supershadow.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Warrior has both accurate points and points that are flawed on so many levels, to borrow his own expression.

First, yeah, XWE and other lump editors can actually be complicated. For instance, the difference between "Load Entry (Raw Data)" compared to loading it up normally and setting the offsets to 0. For instance, raw data doesn't put sprites in the pallette, and and thus really should never be used. On the other hand, loading it up normally and then setting the offsets to 0 actually puts it in the pallette. If you don't believe me, try loading CONSBACK as Raw Data. Know that you have been warned, though. I disagree with DW on this.

Now, SMS, I agree with DW whole-heartedly that you should really stop lingering in the recolors; stats don't change a darned thing. I really couldn't care less if SMS got packed with a MR equivalent. It is still a recolor. I would really like to see your wads with more effort, sprite-wise at least.

I see a difference.

The old sprites look better than the "new" ones to a certain extent. Pillow shading is practically uglier than no shading.

Dark Warrior said:
Like Super Mystic Sonic did, you both seem to have missed my entire point. I suggest you both reread my posts.
It's really easy to miss a point when your posts are as big as the Tokyo Tower.

My posts being big should hardly have anything to do with whether or not one can comprehend the point.

Tailstopic.png

(Heh, and I was worried I was being a bit too crazy lately)
If you can't be bothered to read every post, don't go arguing with DarkWarrior.

Anyways, I pretty much agree with DW. Learn to say "Make it yerself" and don't go trying to make crap pretty.
(Offtopic: SMS Enemies make the game harder? I think you meant cheaper.)

Good lord, hasn't a mod or admin come by this topic yet? This should be considered flaming. But DW chill out, it really isn't much to complain about one little wad. SMS, he is right on one thing, you do need creativity. And Jman, you have just made a post that is worthy of a quote. GOOD JOB! *Gives Jman a cookie*

Now back on topic, This is a good wad and all but it looks kinda short and fat, I dislike that in Sonic.

Hmm, no. Jman's post also misses the point. See, it's not just a matter of not downloading. It's a matter of having to sift through all the project topics that we don't want to deal with. If you think my posts were all about this one wad, I, again, suggest you reread them, as you, too, have obviously missed my point.

nitro_the_hedghog said:
horrldly executed image meme

You're doing it wrong.

Also, saying "you don't need to download it" is dumb. You "not downloading" it will not fix a single thing. In fact, things may get worse without some kind of intervention. But I'm a bit late on that...

nitro_the_hedghog said:
Sonow Hakura said:
This is a good wad and all but it looks kinda short and fat, I dislike that in Shadow.
fixed.
I ment overall Sonic characters.

Dark Warrior said:
Hmm, no. Jman's post also misses the point. See, it's not just a matter of not downloading. It's a matter of having to sift through all the project topics that we don't want to deal with. If you think my posts were all about this one wad, I, again, suggest you reread them, as you, too, have obviously missed my point.

I wasn't directing that towards you only, I have noticed all over the forum that people rate mods, characters, levels, etc. badly just because they don't like that type of character. And stop saying "You missed my point" I read your dang posts and understood them.

Penopat said:
nitro_the_hedghog said:

You're doing it wrong.

Also, saying "you don't need to download it" is dumb. You "not downloading" it will not fix a single thing. In fact, things may get worse without some kind of intervention. But I'm a bit late on that...

No, people complain every day about how a mod will be ruined if it has one character they don't like. Its immature and honestly not too smart. I mean its common sense that if you don't like something then you avoid it. Not try to have it destroyed.

Penopat said:
nitro_the_hedghog said:

You're doing it wrong.

I found it onphotobucket and was bored...

Sonow Hakura said:
Dark Warrior said:
I wasn't directing that towards you only, I have noticed all over the forum that people rate mods, characters, levels, etc. badly just because they don't like that type of character. And stop saying "You missed my point" I read your dang posts and understood them.

But you acted as if I was referring to this one, isolated wad. Which I was not. I was referring to the whole of what Super Mystic Sonic has/has not done. If you're saying that I made these posts because of this one wad, no. This is more like the "straw that broke the camel's back," so to speak.

It's funny, this entire topic erupts into what could be called a flamewar, and yet, in the end. Will anything be accomplished?
Sure I'll Begin got himself banned for 3 days. But I'm sure that once this is over, SMS will continue to make and help make crappy recolors, the intelligent half of the community will continue to hate him, the other half will continue to love him, and nothing will have been done.

I stated that this was almost a flame war earlier. But why did I'll Begin get banned and no one else? It seems kinda wierd. But this argument really needs to end here. DW and SMS if you want to continue this, I would recommend you do it in the PM's

<Sonow Hakura has left the argument>

Sonow Hakura said:
I stated that this was almost a flame war earlier. But why did I'll Begin get banned and no one else?

I'll Begin, last I checked, was the only one flaming here. I don't see why anyone else would get banned except him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back