Final Release? (supershadow.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super mystic sonic said:
After I released Super Shadow 1.09.4 I decided to can the project. However, in May 2007 I decided to revamp the wad. I deleted every existing Super Shadow sprite, and started over. I used the Hyper Mystic Sonic sprites as a base, and started recoloring them. I also added Shadow's head, and modified the spikes a bit to make Super Shadow. It was also my first time I experimented with pillow shading, something that was completely new to me. I also realized the shoes were not really good in previous version, and you look at the shoes most of the time. So this time, I tried to make the shoes as realistic as possible, and it sure did work out well. I'm only not so sure if it works out that well. I mean, in Shadow's normal form he has really lame shoes, and in Super form he has realistic Sonic next gen-styled shoes.

There are also some bugfixes to the sounds. They all made a "tik" sound when the sound started to play. Not anymore, though. Finally, I also dropped those few extra things that were supposed to be an "awesum extra", mainly the instrumental song of live_and_learn that was edited to loop. Sorry, but this has to be extension of the normal Shadow together some bugfixes, not a lousy Super Shadow with a song that plays when he goes super. However, if you liked the song that much, its still downloadable as another wad.

You could say this is SuperShadow1096. But I doubt it. Its probably my last release of Super Shadow, so just call it the final Super Shadow. Yes, that also means my first real completed wad is here. You guys interested in screens? Oh come on, don't be shy. You know you want them!

srb20045xn0.png

Shadow in the normal form. Shows SuperShadow is actually just a extension to the original wad.

srb20046ng3.png

Shadow in Super form. The afterimages show some other sprites too, and that makes it easier for me.

srb20047gk5.png

Shadow doing the NiGHTS normalform bug. The guy who finds out how to do this bug first gets a cookie! For some reason, though, there won't apear a trail behind you, and trying to make a looping crashes the game.

shadv3v7dh8.png
playu3u7kk3.png

Go compare em. Old VS New. See no difference? You must be blind.

Last and least, the download!

MAIN SERVER
MIRROR 1
MIRROR 2
MIRROR 3
MIRROR 4
SUPERFORM MUSIC(wadfile in a zip, of course)

Last file is the instrumental Live and Learn edit that was used as the superform music.

repoast it on send space plz...

It isn't necessary to quote a page-long post to ask for a rehost, just an FYI.

Needs more work. I WOULD sprite a Shadow myself but with all the sprites I've been working on if I sprite Shadow it'll probably make me want to delay my hiatus project more. D:

Dark Warrior said:
Super mystic sonic said:
If something can be even better, and you have some time, just make it better. But I don't feel like it.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Shadow, being better. I can't laugh at that statement enough! As if he was any good to begin with. Just wow.

I hope you're only referring to the wad. Anywho.
Mystic said:
Shadow has been done to death.

Ditto. Most have been uttrer failures. Like this one.

Woaw Woaw Woaw. If there is a shadow that has afterimages then what about the Sonic Advance 2 wad thing? Of course that should have came first.

Aster, the Sendspace link expires if it was inactive for more than a month. And... TIME FOR A RULES QUOTE!!!

Mystic said:
9. Don't bump topics pointlessly. If a topic is more than three weeks old, ask yourself whether your post adds to the conversation or you have a good reason to post in the old topic. The following are _NOT_ good reasons:

* Asking the author to reupload a file with a broken link.
* Frivolous statements like "This is cool."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back