Sonic & The Token

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metalliz

Power up the revolution!
The Emerald Token in THZ1 as Sonic... to get there, you need to stray back to the left and go under the path, pass the goo, and then you see it, buried under there. But how do you get to it? Tails can fly high and dip down, Knuckles can climb on the wall and under it to glide into it, but Sonic...

Here's what I mean:
cdbdb752af93e43eddd451dbf3b2580f.png

I can't even get it as Knuckles using that method. I have no idea how as Sonic. Would someone mind posting a gif?

You just have to use your sense. Sonic can go on a bridge in that room. Hop from the bridge as high as you can and fall into the goop.

Really? It's really easy though, at least for me. There's literally nothing to it except for lining yourself up properly and then jumping and holding forward.

I've actually been able to get the token as Sonic. Sure the jumps up to the ledge are kind of tricky to pull off, but when you get up to the ledge you have to jump from, make sure you're lined up with the middle pipe if you can see it, and/or make sure the ledge you're standing on isn't angled in any way so you'll always make a straight jump into the slime. Oh, and make sure you thok!

This token is gettable with Sonic, but the effort-to-reward ratio is bullshit. The player shouldn't have to bust his balls this much just for a token in the second zone.

Hey! This is an easy one. I got this on third attempt. That's why I think the effort-to-reward ratio is very good. I rather use a minute to take the emerald than lose an emerald!

This token is gettable with Sonic, but the effort-to-reward ratio is bullshit. The player shouldn't have to bust his balls this much just for a token in the second zone.

...I'm so confused. I'm sorry if I seem like I'm gloating or something, I don't mean to be, but I legitimately don't find this hard at all.

srb20000.gif

You literally just hold forward, then thok.

Last edited:
If you want a token that can be difficult to get, go for the second token in CEZ1 as Sonic. It's not that hard, but in that case you die if you screw up.

Last edited:
If you want a token that can be difficult to get, go for the second token in CEZ1 as Sonic. It's not that hard, but in that case you die if you screw up.
Bad example. That one is still easier to get than that slime pool token.

I've tried for more than 10 min to get the slime pool token, and can get the CEZ1 2nd token with almost no effort.

He's talking about the punishment for screwing up. In THZ it's just lost time (your frustration too, but that was something you put on yourself). Miss the token in CEZ and you die.

I personally like that both THZ1 and THZ2 have tokens that require actual effort and on-the-spot thinking to get. They are in no way required, but the players who do manage to get it will feel damn good about it.

Are you fucking kidding me? The spring does most of the work for you. The only remotely hard part about that is finding the platform that'll actually let you get to the spring.

CEZ1 doesn't force you to deal with precise platforming and then have to work with Sonic's momentum to nail a token suspended in physics liquid with no walls to stop Sonic from over (or under)shooting it.

Last edited:
I can do this easily as Sonic (well-timed thok usually suffices), and with Tails it's pretty much trivial.. though I can't seem to find a reliable way to grab this token as Knuckles (reliable meaning it WON'T require 5 minutes off my clock to grab) Spinjumping off the higher platform is my current technique, but even then it's difficult :T

Are you fucking kidding me? The spring does most of the work for you. The only remotely hard part about that is finding the platform that'll actually let you get to the spring.

There's a platform that lets you get to the spring? So, have I been doing it wrong the whole time?

srb20001.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back