Is there anything that's just impossible in SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what do YOU guys think/know is simply impossible in Sonic Robo Blast 2?

Fun.

I kid, SRB2 is tons-o-fun.

Voice chat is impossible. I mean, it's Doom. Although more tedious, I'd rather use Skype and then open SRB2.

I can't think of any technical reason voice chat wouldn't be possible in SRB2. I don't know of them personally, but I'm sure there are libraries out there that make adding this sort of thing to your game super easy. In fact, there's probably ways to get it to connect to an existing Teamspeak or Mumble server that splits games off into their own rooms without needing to install a client.

Nothing.

...unless you want me to talk about lua limits in the present version, but those are bound to be expanded upon in the future.

On a more realistic thing, deformable terrain is probably never going to happen, but why would you want that?

You have no idea how much I wish this would happen. I am aware of the logistical issue involved, but dam if it wouldn't look awesome with some of the neat new things that can be done.
Strong case for prerendered sprites (link). I'd love to give it a shot sometime in the distant future.

Tangentially, anyone have a screenshot of shitty pre-2.0 Knuckles' untouched model archived somewhere?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back