Strange Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellybones

Lawful Neutral
These problems never seem to end for me, do they? Oh well, here's my latest problem.

srb20001.png

*Note: I made the water that way so I could take my screen shot. That is not my problem, the sky is. Also the stage isn't complete, so yeah.

Ok, some details. The entire ceiling is that reddish color, and the sky only shows through that big "hole" in the ceiling, which is right above the first few sectors I made. When I made more sectors they didn't get a huge hole above them like the first few did. In DB, instead of a white ceiling above the sectors with the hole, the ceiling is gray with question marks instead of the usual white.

So, yeah, I wanna know how to fix this. =/

As for the gray with question marks thing, it ALWAYS looks like that, only it seems white when viewed from a distance. You must never have looked at it properly.

Shuffle said:
So.. do you want the sky, or do you NOT want the sky?

I want a normal sky.

All sector use F_sky1 for their texture.

Alright, how do I close sectors? =/

In DB I've zoomed right up to the ceiling before, and it's stayed white. This the first time I've seen gray.

Jellybones69 said:
Shuffle said:
So.. do you want the sky, or do you NOT want the sky?

I want a normal sky.

All sector use F_sky1 for their texture.

Alright, how do I close sectors? =/

In DB I've zoomed right up to the ceiling before, and it's stayed white. This the first time I've seen gray.

Dark Metal was wrong. That's what you did right.

In the MAINCFG:

Level xxxx
LevelName = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MusicSlot = xxx
Act = xx
SkyNum = xx

On the sky:
TEXTURE F_SKY1 for the top

Upper walls:
TEXTURE !!! on top of sector

Looks like REDWALL to me.

If you have SLumpEd, just set SkyNum to a number besides 0. Try different SkyNumbers and see which one works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back