Best musical fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super mystic sonic

The Golden Blur
Yeah, been awhile since I made a topic.

Remember times in games when it seems the music is just plain made to fit with that certain music? Such as....Sonic is falling while the music isn't all that loudly playing, then...when he lands, the drums get active, and the music goes loud and wild, while Sonic runs of at the speed of sound.

Yup, those kinds of moments. Whats your favorite of those moments? Cutscenes excluded, of course.

Hm....I kinda like the beginning part of Night Palace in SATSR. Equip Warp Dash, Super-speed up, and run. The music fits awesome when Sonic runs on the wall and goes further.

For some reason, Starbase in Turtles in time. The music is blaring along as it normally does and during its brief drum solo two of those rock guards run along in time to the music (and proceed to send me flying) and as soon as i hit them to stop them running the music blares up again into its Robodome esque soundtrack.

Sonic Rush music, all the way!

But these are my favorite tunes from Sonic Rush.

Back 2 Back
Back 2 Back (Blazy Mix)
Bomber Bombara
Jeh Jeh Rocket
Jeh Jeh Rocket (Blazy Mix)
Wrapped in Black
A New Day
Ska Cha Cha
Velva Nova
Ska Cha Cha (Blazy Mix)

Remember SA2's City Escape? When Sonic falls the music is still in start phase, but as soon as he falls and when the camera is behind him, the music goes all out.

Live and Learn, pretty much every piece of music in LoZ:Oot and tWW, and Master Hand's theme in SSBM. (His theme in SSB sucked.)

Super mystic sonic said:
Remember SA2's City Escape? When Sonic falls the music is still in start phase, but as soon as he falls and when the camera is behind him, the music goes all out.

What's even cooler, is that my usual routine at the beginning of the level gets Sonic saying his little trick lines in synch with the lyrics.

In the first mission of Evil Foundry of Sonic and the secret rings as you start the music starts normally and as you begin to run down the wall the music picks up until you turn the corner and pick up speed, then it starts singing "Who's gonna rock the place"

camo man said:
The scene in SA2/SA2:B where they're on the ark and the Bio-Lizard appears. Shadow slowly walks in, the chaotic music is playing. Shadow says something like "Leave this to me, you get the chaos emeralds!"

Uh, thats a cutscene, not a scene in the game where you actually play.

The forest half of the first stage of Blazing Star, where the jazz music kicks in. Alien Soldier's 24th stage's music syncs really well with the movement and actions of the rocket launchers.

Oh, and all of the boss stages in McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure had fitting music.
CockyRonald.gif
CockyRonald.gif
CockyRonald.gif

Metroid Prime(all of the series). Every time you come closer to a boss' place, or to a place with lots of dangerous enemies, the music really starts playing...rather...how to describe...? Anyways, especially the Dark Samus aproach. You see phazon parts flying in the air, like found in some other places, but now in a place never sawn before. It gets quiet, and the music slowly starts playing all the time. It can either gives you the creeps or make you all excited.

Really, such a scene is awesome.

Yeah, the only Metroid game I own is the first Metroid prime, and even though I never finished it, I am not kidding, there have been times that I've forgotten I'm only playing a game. The first person view is made even more realistic by making every piece of HUD in the game appear to be actually on the visor, which has very realistic effects (although I would like it better if the steam and wet effects weren't symmetrical).
And as SMS said, when traveling in a relatively clam place the music plays slowly and quietly so that you eventually forget that it's there, adding to that realism. Then, when ever an event happens, the music gets louder and faster, upping the suspense in a manner that doesn't ruin the feel. And now that I've written all this, I think, "Man I've gotta play Metroid Prime 3!".

It's Sonic 3 (alone) Final Boss music for me. First time I reached that guy and the music hits with him appearing, I was like "I'm in trouble..." Few seconds later, I was back at the checkpoint having to start from square one.

Heck, every time I hear that song, I can see that scene play.

Joy, now we have two "AkumaTH"'s. (For some reason the correct spelling of his name was already in Google Spell Checker's dictionary.)

Crash Bandicoot 2's Tiny boss music. I thought it was worthy of such lumbering maroon. [Baby Plucky Duck]Kitty fall down the hole![/Baby Plucky Duck]

Shu said:
Yeah, the only Metroid game I own is the first Metroid prime.
"Man I've gotta play Metroid Prime 3!".

Well, there's still Metroid Prime 2. It might not have a as stunning Single Player as Metroid Prime 1 had, but this one has multiplayer and even better musical effects in some situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back