SC_Medpack (Previously known as SC_GMS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm.... Not bad for the new skybox you have for Splash Hill, but it's classic... But eh, it's cooler now... For the enemies, what about add skins for them? Oh... What about that idea also for the player characters?
Uh... No ideas now, used them all. Well I'd like to help you make a good level pack but I can't find the Doom Builder Configuration for SRB2 2.1, so yeah.

Well, Splash Hill certainly looks nicer now with an actual skybox and more decorations placed along the level. Did you fix up the enemy placement too? I hated all of those cheap shots with enemies moving too fast.

Also, I like how you made Glyphic Canyon look like an original level. It looks nothing like it did in Shadow and benefits from that. Seriously, that game was ugly.

I love Shadow :/.

Lol@referenceToLovingSonic06.
And yeah, enemy placement was fixed. Also, that background acts in a similar way to how it does in Sonic 4 surprisingly. It's so beautiful in game. And playing the levels with the new sonic char in my opinion seems fitting now.

Actually, does the improved Sonic have a "press once" light-dash or do you have to hold the button? You don't want anyone falling into bottomless pits because they didn't know how it operated.

Also, I didn't mention this before, but some characters can easily cheese the mach speed obstacles. It's not like it's a huge problem, but you can just jump over these obstacles with everyone and it's not very threatening as a result.

Actually, does the improved Sonic have a "press once" light-dash or do you have to hold the button? You don't want anyone falling into bottomless pits because they didn't know how it operated.

Also, I didn't mention this before, but some characters can easily cheese the mach speed obstacles. It's not like it's a huge problem, but you can just jump over these obstacles with everyone and it's not very threatening as a result.

Well, yeah, jumping is a part of the mach speed parts. However in the updates, the mach speed parts are larger, and have more paths. The danger in the old ones were the spikeballs, in the new ones, death pits.

Hm.... Not bad for the new skybox you have for Splash Hill, but it's classic... But eh, it's cooler now... For the enemies, what about add skins for them? Oh... What about that idea also for the player characters?
Uh... No ideas now, used them all. Well I'd like to help you make a good level pack but I can't find the Doom Builder Configuration for SRB2 2.1, so yeah.

Can you answer this, please?

By the way, jumping is one thing we can do on mach speed parts? Never knew.

Cool. Now I have to actually try. The mach speed sections are actually a lot of fun despite being something taken out of 06... I was hoping you'd make these longer since... well, you said you could beat Manray Zone's in 8 seconds. That's rather bad.

Is there going to be a change in height on different pathways? Like, staircases and platforms leading up and down? All of the current sections are just flat.

Can you answer this, please?

By the way, jumping is one thing we can do on mach speed parts? Never knew.

Oh, didn't see that sorry. What do you mean by skins? You mean sprites? If so, then sorry, but I am a pretty bad spriter...spritist? Also, SRB2> Editing> Topic: DooM Builder 2.1 Configuration. It's a sticky, right next to the general project topic.

What do you mean by 'classic'? Is that bad? :o.

The only characters included in this pack in the next update will be Sonic..for now. And he uses the default sonic sprites.

@pixel in GCZ, the mach speed part is running on those thin mountains with the small temples on them, and that will have different mountains with different heights.

Also Sky Highway and Heaven Speedway will have different heights of stuff in the mach speed parts. Currently, there are no height differences in the Manray mach speed part.

The Manray mach speed part is decent in terms of time, but I am just pro at that part that I know ways how to get to the end in a snap.

Last edited:
Oh, didn't see that sorry. What do you mean by skins? You mean sprites? If so, then sorry, but I am a pretty bad spriter...spritist? Also, SRB2> Editing> Topic: DooM Builder 2.1 Configuration. It's a sticky, right next to the general project topic.
It's ok, well it is just an idea so don't explode on me.
What do you mean by 'classic'? Is that bad? :o.
With 'classic' I mean, this already exists but it's the original Sonic 4 Episode I Splash Hill Zone skybox, so it isn't either good nor bad. I will tell you that what would be cool in the skybox is some 'remix' skybox.

@TowardsGman95 I like ideas, ideas are good. I just want to know what you mean by it.

well yes, but this skybox is made up of layers.
orges, are like onions!
They stink?
Yes..no!
Oh you leave them out in the sun and they turn all brown and stuff?
No!!!
Oh they make you cry?
NO! LAYERS! Orges have layers, ONIONS have layers, orges have layers, you get the point, we both have layers.

So as you move across the level, the green tree/bushy stuff mmove at a different pace than the blueish, darkish lightish trees/bushes stuff in the background . And even the cloudy sky behind that moves at a different pace.

It's a skybox, not a sky

*ahem*
Glad to help.
Also, by 'remix' I mean to a little touches to the skybox, so it will look like a custom one.

:o but I'm horrible with custom textures. The best I could do is edit, and I see nothing to edit on the sky. Care to give an example on what you have in mind?

Well, I missed of too much because of school, so.... :V
Let's get started with the awesome wall of text!

Also, @hex, what's SHTH Zone?

It's not a zone :V
I diminuted Shadow THe Hedgehog cuz... Laziness :V

and this

You really have skills making maps. Good job on that textures!

Really? All the negative comments at first seem to point the other way.

But if this pack does get more maps, I might rename it from GMS to SC_MedicalKit, or something like that.

Really, the comments at the start were negative, but that was a critique of the others, nothing too much special.

And that name... Maybe Doctorkit or something? :V

At the time, plenty of reasons to get hyped of 2.1

Godknowswhatnumber: THAT MODEL.
Andgoddessknowstheothernumber: THAT TEXTURE REPLACEMENT.

Really, I wanna YOU Privatemessaging ME with the links of that things. (At least the MD2 :V)

Anyways, this new part in Glyphic Canyon is officially my favorite part in the level. After I run through it, I tend to turn around and run through it again. It doesn't look much from a picture, but when running past it, it looks fantastic.

What's that? Can you please message me with any beta of that? I wanna see them :B

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Another opinion. Good skybox?:

EDIT: That picture is now old. How about this new skybox?:

Really, I'm getting very hyped of that. Cannot wait :o

Also, for all you add file haters out there;

It's the same as SRB2 sonic, however homing attack and light dash abilities are added.

And he... Will be sprited like the normal sonic, or will be sprited by you? Wanna see a beta of him, too.

I was beckoned?

Yeah sure, whatever. Any piece that I've uploaded, you can use. (So long as it's not for something commercial, but y'know.)

JUST WANT TO SEE HEAVEN SPEEDWAY WITH THAT MUSIC, RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!
sorry, just very hyped.

Ugh, just a REALLY LONG wall of text :V

Ok, time to tackle all that was said.

1.) Then why not simply say STH? That's more simpler than saying SHTH or whatever you said :o.
2.) Thanks, that map is the planet Korriban, and that map is meant to be a large match/hangout map.
3.) Criteria of all matters is to be acknowledged, for if we ignore the ones that inform us on how to improve our work, then we will end up with Sonic Chronicles.
4.) That model = in submissions, so wait for it :o. That texture replacement map = unfinished.
5.) That's a new alt. path in GC.
6.) Dat dere is a beauty.
7.) It uses the default Sonic sprites, only this skin has the changes in abilities. He has the same stats as SRB2 default sonic, excluding the slightly edited actionspd.
8.) What I am thinking, since there have been so much updates, is once I finish fixing up GC I will upload all the current updates. Then I will begin production on the second acts + Sky Highway and Heaven Speedway.

@Medicpackcreatororsomething:V
Well, thanks for tackling all of that xD
This has won a favourited from me. Good job, well done, buen trabajo, something like that, :V, youhavealotoftimedontyou, and this end here, for now. Can't wait for more stuff :B

I'm sorry to say no, only if I get that background you used, wich I can't find it anywhere.

Now, thinking of doing more levels? If so, I am at your assistance.

Well, as stared earlier this pack will have more levels, such as a Sky Zone, and possibly a Forest Zone.

Am I the only one who thinks that SHZ looks like complete garbage? Not because it looks barren or there's no skybox; it's because you used textures that both clash with the style of SRB2 and textures that the palette butchered to death. Please change them.

Am I the only one who thinks that SHZ looks like complete garbage? Not because it looks barren or there's no skybox; it's because you used textures that both clash with the style of SRB2 and textures that the palette butchered to death. Please change them.
They're being changed right now, so it'll be better in the next release

Well which version are you referring to? The one in the releases or the picture posted earlier?

Both really; both have the same textures.

EDIT: Also, just to make sure, I'm just talking about Splash Hill. GCZ, even though the textures don't fit with SRB2, they appear fine because they work well with the palette. Splash Hill takes offense to both style and color.

I will say, however, it's visuals are improving with the new scenery, but all of it falls flat due to the bad textures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back