Captain Planet 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one can be a better Captain Planet than Ted Tuner himself. . .
TedTurnerCaptainPlanet.png

I got moderately excited when I misread this as "Cat Planet 2011".

In other news:
heartre.jpg

Funny thing is, 2 weeks before I even knew about this I was making jokes if they did make a Captian Planet movie.

Al gore? are you crazy? If he was in the movie, he'd be the one to tarnish the Planeteer name because of how overboard he'd go.

Last edited:
Let's just say, I've heard enough things to come to the conclusion I posted. There's caring for the planet, and then there is not caring for the human race.

From what I've seen, each ecovillain in the old cartoon series took pollution to the far extreme. Never was there a villain that took saving the planet to the far extreme. To me, Al Gore would fill in that missing villain.

Also my info on him comes from talk radio from over several years. Hence why I feel this way.

But regardless, It should be interesting to see if the message stays the same, or has gotten corrupted.

Last edited:
Captain Planet isn't over the top? He doesn't go overboard?

Bare minding that the true moral of the movie seems to be leaning more to "Protect Humanity, Oppose Natural Forces" moreso than "Save Ecosystems, Defeat Evil Corporations".

From what I've seen, each ecovillain in the old cartoon series took pollution to the far extreme. Never was there a villain that took saving the planet to the far extreme. To me, Al Gore would fill in that missing villain.

Now, to tell the truth, that sounds interesting. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Al Gore, but I haven't really actually learned much about him, just trusted hearsay. That definitely isn't the most accurate source, but if it is somewhat true, that is quite an interesting outlook on it. There's certainly enough environmentalists out there that would be more than willing to consider eradicating humans for the good of the planet.

It kinda reminds me of the plot of Tron Legacy. A guy so bent on perfection and cleansing the world, that he was perfectly willing to destroy innocent sentient life. It certainly led for an interesting plot, and I would be quite wowed if the makers of Captain Planet chose to do something similar with a new villain.

This is less a gripe about Captain Planet and more a reaction to the practice of reheating old stuff to capitalize on sentimentality. As much as I love the stuff from the late eighties / early nineties (which is when I was going up, as a lot of young adults today were. Come to think of, maybe that's why I'm so fond of it), I will be glad when this current wave of nostalgia finally ceases. Most of what it's produced is tripe (with exceptions. I'm willing to consider the new My Little Pony as such an exception).

Then, when it becomes hip and profitable to reintroduce more recently popular children's stuff, I won't recognize it near as well and thus the effect won't personally come across as bastardization. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back