Imageshack = Hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJames19119

Why did they remove Grey
http://mashable.com/2009/07/10/imageshack-hacked/

This has been seen to replace dozens of images across a wide variety of sites I go to, and is in fact, still going on.

The "Anti-Sec" movement is one whose goal is geared to remove the exploitation of security and whatnot. The fact that they're hacked through most of imageshack's images is quite the ecleptic move; demonstrating what they're against via the means of what's explained in the image, possibly in an attempt to get people to realize how "serious" both the threat and their goals are.

Discuss.

I actually agree. Imageshack has become really slow and is crawling with many ads nowadays. Maybe this will get people to move to a different image hosting company like "tinypic".

Photobucket usually makes pics in "

At least they don't attach ads to someone's pictures or have those tricky pages where you can't tell if you're going to make the image bigger or go to the main page.

While I understand and support what these guys are trying to do (Stopping companies from proliferating viruses to then sell you their antiviruses), I really don't see how hacking Imageshack would get you anywhere involving their quest.
Is Imageshack linked to some big antivirus company?

Arf said:
While I understand and support what these guys are trying to do (Stopping companies from proliferating viruses to then sell you their antiviruses), I really don't see how hacking Imageshack would get you anywhere involving their quest.

Well, you get TONS of exposure this way. I'm guessing any Imageshack-hosted images showed the Anti-Sec image, so that's tons of people seeing it.

Bigboi said:
Arf said:

Well, you get TONS of exposure this way. I'm guessing any Imageshack-hosted images showed the Anti-Sec image, so that's tons of people seeing it.

Hack 'Shack == More advertising than the Superbowl.

It's genius, really.

"I shall show them the error of their ways! Through example!"

How could this possibly go wrong?

I always use photobucket anyway. Imageshack was always strange for me to use.

Answer: Use tinypick/photobucket. Unless those get hacked too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back