Hosting a game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amperbee

thunderdome denizen
I've checked if my IP and my whatevers are right, using "ipconfig" on the command console, err, that thing.
I've tried to do port forwarding my router, to no avail, as my computer DOES NOT SAVE MY CONFIG, and whenever I try to save my own configuration (checking afterwards if my configuration has been saved... It didn't work), I open cmd, executing "ipconfig" and even "ipconfig /all" and it tells me that it couldn't access the specified whatever of the registry (before "saving" my "work", checking my IP and things work, but afterwards, it doesn't!). Something about TCP/IP. (Restarting my computer fixes this, but doesn't save my things anyways... Ow)

(Soooo,) I wanted to ask if there's any way to host my game from somewhere else.
Hamachi doesn't work for me. Strange, I could host a server from another game using Hamachi!
And... UPnP doesn't work... I think it needs port forwarding too? (The last client that worked doesn't allow OpenGL, it's version is 2.0.6 and it cannot connect to the MS)

Um, there is another way to host instead of port forwarding?

(I think that) some games, instead of hosting on someone's computer, tries to host on a master server... Oh wait. That's another thing.

Last edited:
Um, there is another way to host instead of port forwarding?

I doubt theres no other way, other than port fowarding or using hamachi. Srb2 needs the UDP port 5029 open so that people can join your netgame. And if you open that port up it should work for any kind of Srb2 version like 2.0.7 or riders or even 1.0.9 since they all have the same port.

But try this and see if this helps you when using hamachi.
http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=34841&highlight=hamachi

What kind of router you have?

Last edited:
I don't recommend you the method of using Hamachi because a few days ago I tested it several times cause a friend that cannot forward his ports had the idea of play SRB2 using this program, and I can tell you (although I don't know if it just happens on me) that it lags as hell and according to him, he had a bit of lag even.

Last edited:
There is something called "Evolve" that is better then Hamachi in my opinion. You can have Parties that hold a lot more people (I think Hamachi only holds 5). I don't know if it is compatible with SRB2, so yeah...

I used this to play Super Smash Bros. Crusade with some friends.

EDIT: Here is the link: https://www.evolvehq.com/welcome

Last edited:
There is ONE way to host srb2 without using the DEFAULT ports... If you have existing Ports in your computer here's how to find them.
Start Menu -> Computer -> the scroll box, find network -> right click the gateway device, and select properties -> click the settings box -> Find a existing port -> Edit it so the port number is 4 numbers...
Now, exit all that stuff and here's what i do with that port.
(optional Steam)
add srb2 to your steam library and right click the name and select properties.
At the end of the target name... Add "-udpport" Then put the port you already have in there...
example...
"C:\Users\(USERNAME)\Desktop\srb2\srb2win.exe" -udpport 3698"
That's my directory, of course.
(THE SRB2 LAUNCHER WAY)
Almost same as above.
Just launch the srb2 launcher, then go to the command line perimeters. then add
"-udpport" Then the port you have. Then LAUNCH!
CONGRATULATIONS, YOU CAN HOST SRB2! c:

Sorry, I had problems with my computer.

Now:
I doubt theres no other way, other than port fowarding or using hamachi. Srb2 needs the UDP port 5029 open so that people can join your netgame. And if you open that port up it should work for any kind of Srb2 version like 2.0.7 or riders or even 1.0.9 since they all have the same port.

I cannot port forward...

But try this and see if this helps you when using hamachi.
http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=34841&highlight=hamachi
...nor use Hamachi for SRB2. I want my server to be open for everyone.

What kind of router you have?
Technicolor TC7110.AR (is that?)

There is something called "Evolve" that is better then Hamachi in my opinion. You can have Parties that hold a lot more people (I think Hamachi only holds 5). I don't know if it is compatible with SRB2, so yeah...

I used this to play Super Smash Bros. Crusade with some friends.

EDIT: Here is the link: https://www.evolvehq.com/welcome

Downloading...

There is ONE way to host srb2 without using the DEFAULT ports... If you have existing Ports in your computer here's how to find them.
Start Menu -> Computer -> the scroll box, find network -> right click the gateway device, and select properties -> click the settings box -> Find a existing port -> Edit it so the port number is 4 numbers...
<snip>

I'm lost, can you explain please? (Maybe because my computer has the language set in spanish...)

Evolve works fine, but there isn't a lot of people playing and I have minor problems with it, overall it's fine.

Why not just portforward? I'll explain if you want, I mean it's not TOO difficult. (Depends on your router to be honest, but still.)

If you want a tut, post a screenshot of your 192.168.1.1 main page thing. (Without the passwords and crap you use everywhere obviously.)

If it's familiar to me, I'll gladly help you out.

(Sorry for bumping; had internet problems)

Why not just portforward? I'll explain if you want, I mean it's not TOO difficult. (Depends on your router to be honest, but still.)

If you want a tut, post a screenshot of your 192.168.1.1 main page thing. (Without the passwords and crap you use everywhere obviously.)

If it's familiar to me, I'll gladly help you out.

Uh, okay.

1) 192.168.0.1
2) technicolor tc7110.ar
3)
thereyougo_zps3a9343c1.png

There you go :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back