The E3 2010 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Microsoft's Conference was pretty terrible, EA's was decent, and Ubisoft had a pretty terrible conference in the middle, but the beginning and the end were amazing. Kudos to Ubisoft for a solid recovery at the end with Rayman and Ghost Recon.

Come on Nintendo don't disappoint me......

When the press conference is about games not meant for the audience you are a part of, then it is bad. In terms of quality it really depends on whether they cover all their bases, the announcer does what they're supposed to without stupid cliches, and the advertisements are engaging for their respective audiences.

MS had some really bad scripted interviews in the middle there, but the previews of Kinect were decent. Their conference was weighted toward Kinect, though they did have a slew of FPS games beforehand. Their announcement of the 360 slim coming out this week and handing out free ones to everyone in the audience was an excellent gesture, even if I'm definitely not a fan of Xbox or MS.
EA, I'm not really sure about, but Ubisoft had a very annoying speaker, recycled stuff from MS's press conference, and made up for it by showing a few games that the more critical end of the fanbase were looking for. (Rayman: Origins was a biggie.. I guess)

340x.gif

The Kinect bits were so blatantly prerendered and fake that I should've have even needed to post this. Actual input delay I might've accepted, but there's no way in hell a game should be able to act before any input is given. All they've done is get actors to prance about in vauge timing to onscreen clips, presumably because they weren't looking for any more "bottom of an Avatar's shoe" levels of fail - ironically, this if anything just made the demos worse overall. At least we would've seen some genuine gameplay footage if they'd decided to use the hardware like a fucking game demo is supposed to.

340x.gif

The Kinect bits were so blatantly prerendered and fake that I should've have even needed to post this. Actual input delay I might've accepted, but there's no way in hell a game should be able to act before any input is given. All they've done is get actors to prance about in vauge timing to onscreen clips, presumably because they weren't looking for any more "bottom of an Avatar's shoe" levels of fail - ironically, this if anything just made the demos worse overall. At least we would've seen some genuine gameplay footage if they'd decided to use the hardware like a fucking game demo is supposed to.

Yeah, that was pretty bad, looking at the hardware they showed yesterday, chances are it would've worked fine anyways, since it seemed quite accurate.

My two cents on the Nintendo conference:

This year had really something for everyone. Zelda Wii looks cool(although the interference issues are troubling). Donkey Kong threw me for a loop along with Kid Icarus and GoldenEye. The 3DS promises to be awesome(and awesomely expensive). All in all surprisingly heavy on games and light on waggle.

Also OMGOMGOMG STAR FOX FOR 3DS!!!!

I was a bit disappointed in Kirby though. Kirby's "epic" yarn? Then again there is SoniColors... So I really can't complain.

Found the 3DS presentation a bit disappointing, not much details given on what it can actually do, just some vague details about some DLC shiz.

Storage, etc, Nintendo, where are the details? How are you going to get stuff on a 3DS when there's no Wifi?

Nintendo's conference was pretty damn good especially with Kirby (damn I'm digging the art-style it has). Also, Bowser burning Reggie alive made my day. So um yeah, Nintendo > Microsoft.

They are still implementing that stuff.

If you watch on E3.Nintendo.com, they added a "SPECIAL E3" section where they talked about the 3DS.

Well, its kind of hard to show how the 3DS works. As you need to actually hold it and see.

Thank god they passed many out(Can't people sneak them out..?)

Nope, low quality streaming FTW.

Cue, don't forget they also showed us 3D cameras and 3D movies...
They are also showing the Motion Sensor + Gyro right now.
Edit: They showed that these features could mean using the DS as a racing wheel. Or making the view look like you are looking through binoculars.
Edit2: Nintendo3DS also uses face detection which is being used in Nintendogs + Cats

Last edited:
"You look up, it looks up." What if you want to look down without it looking down and the other way around? Like if you play in bed with your head on the couch?

Edit: Emulator programmers will have a hard time emulating 3Ds

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back