Sonic 3&K Item Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSS77

SonicShadowSilver77
After mixing some shields while playing SF94, i got a incredible mix. Actraction Shield + Whirlwind Shield = Sonic 3&K Electric Shield. So i rushed to my SOC editor and did many tests to see if I can make a itembox that can give a powerup like that. After many failures i decided to come here, so now here is my question:

Is it possible to make a item box that gives two powerups or at the least a mixure of both. And would it be possible to change the jump sound of the Whirlwind Shield.

Such shield would be totally overpowered XD
But yeah, I think Colson's right. You can replace or use a free slot.

However, the freeslots listed in the Soc editor don't match up with the real freeslots for sounds.

Ok, I got it to play the s3&k shield sound, when you get it, and when you jump, but no one really answered my first question"Is it possible to make a item box that gives two powerups or at the least a mixure of both." Am i going to have to use A_CustomPower to do that?

Well I know for a fact that custom Item Boxes can be done. *looks at Glaber's ports* But I'm not sure how you can work a new shield into the mix. Then again. I suck at Soccing...

If it is possible to make such a shield, making the weapon ring attraction range significantly bigger could prevent overpoweredness, if THAT'S possible.

Ok, I got it to play the s3&k shield sound, when you get it, and when you jump, but no one really answered my first question"Is it possible to make a item box that gives two powerups or at the least a mixure of both." Am i going to have to use A_CustomPower to do that?

I'm afraid so. If you give one shield then the other, the second one will override the first.

Note: The shield powers can be combined together when used with A_CustomPower.
You're welcome. =P
I saw that too, I didn't exacally know what value to put for a combination, I put 29 to see what it would give me. But instead i get an error, and get no power up. So what do I have to do to get it to mix powerups?

Last edited:
It's actually fairly simple. You use A_CustomPower to give the player a Whirlwind Shield (3), then in another state you use A_CustomPower to give the player an Attraction Shield. (9)

Draykon said:
It's actually fairly simple. You use A_CustomPower to give the player a Whirlwind Shield (3), then in another state you use A_CustomPower to give the player an Attraction Shield. (9)

Or you could use A_DualAction, but it's completely unnecessary. =)

Last edited:
Alright I tried what you told me to do. I gave two random states A_custompower, and made it so it awards a player with pw_jumpshield & pw_ringshield. When i opened a box, it ran A_dualaction. And SUCESS! I was able to make the combined shield! So now I have another question. How can I make the Whirlwind shield use a different jump sound without overrideing the current one? Hopefully this does not require editing the source.

Last edited:
You can try using A_Zthrust to make the player acts like jumping. Also, why do you want that?

Woops I ment to put sound, not action. Anyway, the Sonic 3 jump shield did make it so that you are still in your spin jump animation, when you use the Whirlwind shield you lose your spin jump, so i guess i still need to know how to make it so that ur still in your spin jump animation.

Unfortunately, the shield abilities are totally hardcoded. There's no real way to 'add' one. You'll either have to deal with using the same 'whoosh' effect, or deal with the whirlwind one using whatever new effect you add.

Alright I tried what you told me to do. I gave two random states A_custompower, and made it so it awards a player with pw_jumpshield & pw_ringshield. When i opened a box, it ran A_dualaction. And SUCESS! I was able to make the combined shield! So now I have another question. How can I make the Whirlwind shield use a different jump sound without overrideing the current one? Hopefully this does not require editing the source.

I'd try looking for the shield in SOC edit and make a clone, however, for now I'd just go with replacing the sound.

About the sound file. Rather than using a freeslot. An avalanche of Sonic 3 & Knuckles sound effects are stored in SRB2.SRB, the electric shield double jump sound is in there somewhere. I think.

Unfortunately, the shield abilities are totally hardcoded. There's no real way to 'add' one. You'll either have to deal with using the same 'whoosh' effect, or deal with the whirlwind one using whatever new effect you add.

Well I guess I can't make the shields do different effects. Thanks for answering one of the questions that I really wanted answered.

About the sound file. Rather than using a freeslot. An avalanche of Sonic 3 & Knuckles sound effects are stored in SRB2.SRB, the electric shield double jump sound is in there somewhere. I think.

Ya but we can't make shields use other sounds, as stated in the quote above. I think ill just leave is as the swoosh sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back