• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Boom Sprites W.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chezburd

A while ago i had done some Sonic sprites, Sonic Boom style. So i Recently made a Tails Sprite, and now a Knuckles one, also Updating Sonic.

Sprite Development, from Beginning to Current:
EzsfDEs.png
Sans2nj.png

all the old Sonic sprites, In gifs.
HBcXfcv.gif
3jYiuSx.gif
ZnSiQgd.gif
JJH5Hrn.gif

Here's The Group.
zQdFQho.png

Still working on them!

Thanks to MotorRoach for Letting me use his Knuckles sprite's.

Last edited:
Sonic and Tails are really gross edits of the original cast.

Knuckles, however, has a bit going for him. I think that only the first two front quills on him should be visible from his front.

Also please upload your images somewhere else. It's hard to notice the details on these because it's heavily decompressed. Your image links suggest that you've uploaded them to imgshack; try using imgur instead.

EDIT: I'm not having trouble with the first three images. Why are you guys saying they're broken?

EDIT: I'm not having trouble with the first three images. Why are you guys saying they're broken?

They WERE broken, but now they are showing fine.
EDIT: Your sprites look ok, but tails looks like he was barely edited other than the straps and bandages, along with the goggles. Sonic's eyes look weird, too.

Should be fixed now.

This is my first Upload, will continue trying to fix image qaulity.

Yes i Used Imageshack.

This is what I mean with the eyes:
This is how it looked before you edited his eyes:
bkDxYeV.png

And THIS is how it looked after you edited his eyes:
WQfYQzt.png

Images should be clearer now, i re-uploaded using Imgur

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Reply to Terra,

I actually was trying to add more of a outline around the eyes, but it gave a more narrow look instead.

Tails and Knuckles look good for being edits of the existing sprites.

But Sonic looks like he's on drugs or something...

The only thing that needs to be fixed so far is those damn eyes. Other than that, this looks pretty good so far.

Heres some Minor Changes:

Sonic's Eyes:
PF912Y9.png

Knuckles Hair, and Chest shading:
izRpPEN.png

Green Sprites Because i don't feel like dealing with color...

Last edited:
Knuckles' torso has really bad and obvious pillow shading, you should fix that.

And, as others have said, the eyes. They should be larger (or at least taller).

Sonic's eyes still look creepy. Raise or re-lengthen them. The top spine also looks pretty dumb, I would just get rid of it.

Yes, it's also pretty far back, and might not even be as visible as you currently had it, considering the angle of his head.
Maybe? Mostly just guessing.

Yes. I Support this 100%. I am hyped for Sonic Boom. Really hyped.
So these wads are fucking geniuses
That Sonic looks better than this:
srb20014.png

i don't even

Good sprite work, though in the official art, the characters appear to be somewhat taller than previous designs. My recommendation, lengthen the torsos and legs of both Sonic and Tails a little bit, shrink their heads a little. The proportions are different from the old sprites.

Might give you some extra room for the bandaging and utility belt.

The top spine is on the official design.
BdVaSNz.jpg

that dusn't make it not dumb

Nah, it's alright. I just don't get why they added it. I understand the scarf and whatnot though.

I think BW just means find a way to make it look better on the actual sprite. As to how, I'm not sure. It's not bad looking but it could be better. Sorry I can't be more detailed than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back