Srb2 60fps

No it wouldn't, because 1000ms/35fps = 28.57ms ping.

If the game was 60fps, you would need a 1000ms/60fps = 16.667ms ping.

No, if I'm understanding what I've seen everybody comment about on the 120 fps exe post, the gist of it is that because of the entire game being written to run at 30 or so fps internally we're stuck at 35 fps.
If you increase the frame limit you're making it so the game itself has to run at a higher fps internally for tics and such, making things like timings break unless you write the code to run at higher fps counts.

SRB2 has a higher FPS than most Triple A games released for the history of gaming up until a year and a half into the Xbox One's and PS4's shared lifespan. 35 is definitely no deficiency, even if it doesn't match the current buzzpoint of the day.

Sorry for necro-ing a 5 year old post, but frame interpolation could allow "60 fps" without screwing with the game's physics and such, I've been using this interpolation mod for 2.2 and it feels amazing to play. It's not been released yet so i'm not gonna circumvent releases (I guess, even though I didn't make it) by giving a link. It also works online, so this could potentially be an amazing thing to add to the game so that the game can look that much more polished without entirely rewriting a ton of the game's logic.

Sorry for necro-ing a 5 year old post, but frame interpolation could allow "60 fps" without screwing with the game's physics and such, I've been using this interpolation mod for 2.2 and it feels amazing to play. It's not been released yet so i'm not gonna circumvent releases (I guess, even though I didn't make it) by giving a link. It also works online, so this could potentially be an amazing thing to add to the game so that the game can look that much more polished without entirely rewriting a ton of the game's logic.

I've seen frame interpolation run flawlessly in the GZDoom source port. This would be a great feature to implement into SRB2 while still keeping the internal game logic at 35fps.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back